project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Onil
PR Server License Moderator

Default Sugestions

hi, here are some suggestions that i think would be useful to the mod.

On my opinion we should be able to get normal kits on rally points, supply crates and apc's as we do with the limited kits. It's very annoying when you have to use an officers kit to set the rally point and can't get the old kit back after...

For example, sometimes you need a normal kit like engineer to blow something up or a medic and can only get those if you die... when you have to use a crewman, pilot or officer just to move to one place or put up a rally point you can't get the normal kits back if you need them.

I know you should stick to the kit you requested but game strategies change and so does the need of the kits. If you also want normal kits to be limited at least add them to supply crates since they take a lot of time to come down but at least it wouldn't be limited to respawn only... for me the best option was to get them on rally points since that's where your squad re-organizes and re-supplies most of the times

Hiding the rally points would be ever more important cause of that.

Limited kits are limited by their number and that's great cause that way you can control those so that only a small part of the team uses them but normal kits that are suppose to be unlimited are also limited by the respawn and if one of the main objectives is to assault and secure locations without getting killed then that same objective is limiting your resupply of normal kits.

I do know that you can get those kits from killed soldiers but those only stay a few seconds and if your team mate was just shot you won't go to the place where he was shot (unless you're a medic) or if you killed an opponent you wont move right away cause there might be more... so that's basically the timing of the kit disappearing... and for the ones that like to kill from a distance instead of rushing into hot locations that same distance also doesn't help much on the resupply of normal kits.

One problem that i have like 90% of the time i use field dressings is that they disappear into the floor and i can't use them or if i can, the healing symbol doesn't appear and i don't know if I'm healed or not. That's actually very annoying if you don't have a medic to help you. These should be fixed somehow. Maybe have a difference between using it and throwing it to the floor for a mate to get it.
It ain't funny to throw them on the floor and have to go after them while they either disappear into it or slide away cause of the irregular terrain. You don't need to throw a bandage to the floor to put it on the wound in real life so why do it on PR ?

I also think destroying enemy rally points should give you points in your score and appear in the stats as the number of rally points destroyed and score points received. Sabotage ain't only about blowing things up like enemy bunkers or artillery it is also about destroying enemy rally points so that they can't spawn and resupply there anymore, that's as important as any other type of sabotage and as dangerous as well since enemy may respawn there when you're about to destroy it just like on a enemy bunker...

For me that should be rewarded as other tasks are cause that's one thing that i love about the game. I have been playing airsoft for almost 8 years and my task has always been recon and infiltration. Thats the game style that i love and i kinda miss that in PR cause of all the fuzz about being in a squad and playing together...

I do give many importance to teamwork and specially to tactics but i prefere recon and sabotage to assault and i think this type of game ain't only about assaulting and securing locations as it gives you the possibility to help your team in other ways. You can create a squad of 3 or 4 guys just with the objective of sabotage but that ain't that rewarded as capturing flags.

I do know that "Destruction by the use of a remote controlled weapon is 12 points" but rally points don't need to be blown up as bunkers and are as important as them so i think you should receive at least 4 points for destroying them and they should appear on the stats with the number of RPs destroyed.

I see many players rush in to get a sniper or marksman kit and most don't do much more then trying to kill the enemies with it.

I prefer to get the marksman kit and recon enemy territory while searching for enemy RPs and possibly take a small squad to blow bridges, bunkers and enemy vehicles when possible.

Sorry for the long text and i hope i explained my point of view well enough and that PR team can use these suggestions on the next version of the mod.
Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
ZaZZo

Resupply standard kits? Do you even need that? I've nver had that problem at all.

Applying bandage, sounds good, never had that problem aswell though.

More points for destroying RP's. Fine as it is imo.
ZaZZo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
pasfreak

as sl ur supposed to always have an officer kit. not just grab one to use for the rally point and then switch back to auto aim sniper marksman heavy at kit.
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
Leo

No on every suggestion except the field dressing one.

Unlimited kits should not be requestable, plan ahead and make sure that you're equipped for any future engagements.

What do points matter? Why do you need other people to know you destroyed a rally point? The only thing that that would do is make people feel smug about themselves, and tbh, I believe the Devs can do better things with the time needed to code that.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
Wasteland

I hate to add to the general feeling so far of sh!tting on your ideas, but we don't want people to be able to request normal kits like that.

The whole idea of the pilot and crewman kits is that you can't just use the team's assets as a taxi service. If you want to drive a tank or APC, get a gunner and do things properly. If you want to pilot a transport chopper, than drop your guys and then RTB for a new load, or go into a holding pattern to prepare to exfil your squad, or just let somebody willing to do these things fly.

Also, the officer is *supposed* to keep the officer kit! That's the whole idea.

Re: the field dressing issue, it can't be fixed. You have to throw it on the floor because otherwise the game would think you're a medic, and would show you the little lightning bolts for dead players, and every time someone requested a medic, everyone on the mini-map would appear as a medic. Them falling through the roofs of buildings and such is not fixable either. Just throw it on the ground. And yes, it's true that the health icon often doesn't show. Just know that if you tossed it on the ground, and it disappeared, then you're good.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
Onil
PR Server License Moderator

about the unlimited kits:

you can't have all the kits you will possibly need on a squad of 6... that is why you can get the limited kits not only on CP's but also on RP's , APC's and supply crates... cause you may need those in the battle and won't be able to go back to main base to get them every time you need them. So if you do need limited kits and use them, you will be changing your normal ones for the limited ones and wont be able to get those back.

Of course you have to plan everything as best as you can so that you have the kits you need on that squad but that ain't that simple specially in a public server... and sometimes even th officer needs to get another kit simply cause it is needed not just cause he wants it... officer kit is only useful to put up rally points
and his kit will be depending on the task of that squad and not just cause he's the squad leader... it doesn't always have to be the officer's kit and sometimes it is best to use other ones. You can always get the officers kit back at the RP if you need it.

If you need a AT kit cause you have an enemy tank or apc inbound you will have to get it and loose one of the other kits that you also needed, either it will be a riffle man or medic or engineer it doesn't matter... you use the AT kit for that task and if you succeed then you want to get back to your main task and so you will need you normal kit back.

If you can get the limited kits that way i don't see a problem with getting the normal ones as well! Aren't those suppose to be unlimited? well they are limited to respawn cause that's the only way you can get them, unless you can pick it up from a dead guy which isn't a secure resupply.

I know what you should stick to the limited kit you requested specially when it is a crewman, pilot or officer but for example if you vehicle is blown and you survive there's no point in keeping the kit you have and if your squad that had at least 4 members suddenly only has 2 then why keep the officers kit if you can't move the rally point? Sometimes these things happen and you will need another kit better suited for the new task.

It is not just the case of needing those kits or not but simply cause if they are unlimited then you should be able to get them when you are alive and not just when you die. Since the main objective of a soldier is to keep alive while completing his task.

About the points part... i don't care about points!

but if you do have a structure of score then you should include that in it as it is as important as other tasks already on the score list.

And since you already have stats being used why not add that to the stats as well? I don't care what other people think about my score, kills, stats or whatever.

But since i do like that recon and sabotage task i would like to have that in the stats just for my own pleasure... it would be nice to see how many rally points i have destroyed!

the points are just an extra to make the task as important as other are, i did not ask for the score structure or the medals structure it was made by PR team...

i just think that if you're gonna use that score structure then you might as well include this in it so it is more fare for the ones that do like sabotage missions as this one instead of the usual assault ones.

About the field dressings:

Wasn't actually talking about roofs as it happens to me on any part of the terrain and it doesn't mean it healed me cause most of the times i continue to bleed out and now without field dressings since they get inside the damn floor before healing me.
Last edited by Onil; 08-21-2007 at 07:48 PM..

Tags
sugestions