project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
nicoX
Supporting Member

Default Minefield

Preview: I have read some old post's before posting and want with this post take the minefield to another level and hopefully into implementing this into PR.
With the thought's for teamplay and giving the commander another important task in the game and also with this getting the squads work together closer with a planned task for being successful and just like IED ambushes take the concentration out of the flag post and opening new fronts.

How: Commander have the priority or final decision for where to deploy a minefield. The mines approximately 20 are (stored) in the support truck. If the commander or a squadleader decides to mine an important area, the commander takes the support truck drives it to the helping squad and an engineer from that squad begins mining an area.
The mines are deployed one after one. So when he deploys a mine he needs to go back to the truck to take another one.

So when the area is mined the commander have an option on the map to mark where the mines are and how big the area is, so all the players on the team can open the map and see where the minefield is.

Enemy: If an enemy squad stumbles into the mine field and a player is taken out the enemy can contact their commander to mark that they have found a minefield. But before doing that to be sure that it's a minefield as it could be a C4 there taken them out. They need to use an engineer that have a tool to sweep the area for mines. When his metal detector warns him that there is mines the commander will get the priority to mark his map for the field.

Who: Either the engineer or a request for minesweeper kit that can be requested from the ST for the task for searching or why not even demining the area. Or equipping the support truck to be requested for a mine clearing vehicle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by nicoX; 08-22-2007 at 07:17 AM..
Old 08-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

a bit complicated...but i like it
marcoelnk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

the thing you dont realize is this is already possible with less complication to it.

a Engineer can have alot of mines on the battle filed, I cant remember the excat number but its around 10 i think, thou the eng only gets like 1 or 2 mines (cant remenber the exact number) on him. The supply truck gives ammo, so the engineer can just lay his 1 or 2 mines down, then go back to the supply truck, rearm his mines, then lay anouther 1 or 2 and keep on doing this untill he has a load of mines dotted around. Put 2 engys there and you have 2x as many mines you can put down and be 2x as fast to place the mines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
ZaZZo

I think if you want a minfield though, you should just get a crapload of engineers, get your whip out and tell them to drop mines.
Last edited by Gaz; 08-22-2007 at 06:47 AM..
Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
Reddish Red

This just seems to be Already Done really, apart from the Marking thing but i'm sure you can just say "Minefield at F2" or Whatever.
Reddish Red is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #6
workingrobbie

I take it you're talking about AP mines though..so what rhino is saying is not really currently possible <.<
Err...could be possible, but does the engine spit the dummy if you have too many variable objects on the map? Hence why stuff disappears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
I understand you're new to the forums... so your "Castle Fortress" would be just...(how can I say this without getting banned...?) not good?
workingrobbie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 AM   #7
nicoX
Supporting Member

I guess you right Rhino. The thing is that I was thinking about land mines as mines deployed under the ground and not visible. This type of mines we don't have today. Also the mines we have are not triggered when a person goes over them, they are just for vehicles.
And I don't think there is no engineer willing to deploy a minefield in the game today as friendly vehicles probably wouldn't notice it and stumble over them. Besides 20 visible mines wouldn't do much of an effort as they would easily be spotted. But still I would consider mining an area with vehicle mines if I was a commander where I didn't want the enemy to cross. Although this is rarely considered in the game today.

Working on this with coding and mapping as adding a new mine and a minesweeper kit deployed from the support truck I don't think would be that much a complicated task as it's partially already in the game. Though I think it would add an interesting view to the game.

nicoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #8
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie

I suggest before than the commander can place the minefield, then his engis have to 'dig' each invididual mine into the ground with their shovel.

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
minefield