project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
KP
Retired Moderator

Default Changing ROF

Okay, I couldn't find this suggested before (used search, see).

With all the suggestions of a heavy Support kit going around, I was wondering about something: if we ever get a GPMG kit, would it be possible to change ROF like you change firing mode? I know that with the GPMG, you can adjust the gas regulator to change the rate of fire. Is it possible to do this in PR?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Gyberg

hmm.... well... sounds like this could be solved with same solution as the frag/smoke GL... even though that isn't the best looking way....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anthony Lloyd, himself a former soldier in the British army and a Northern Ireland and Gulf War veteran:
"The men inside (the APC) might have been UN but they were playing by a completely different set of rules. They were Swedes; in terms of individual intelligence, integrity and single-mindedness I was to find them among the most impressive soldiers I had ever encountered. In Vares their moment had come."
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
El_Vikingo

They could just create two different weapons and bind them to 3 and 4.

But then again the problem would be sharing ammo between the two weapons.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Unfortunately I don't think they could create two different firing modes, as the game only recognizes 3.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
KP
Retired Moderator

Well, I thought maybe it was possible to have this on the GPMGs, which are full-auto only. I was thinking two types of full auto, with different rates of fire.

-Paul Howe
Old 08-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Eddie Baker
Banned

We discussed this a while back on DEV forums, KP. I wanted to know if we could do the same thing for the GPMG/M240 and other weapons, but unfortunately we cannot do it with the fire selection system. Not sure if anyone tried it using two weapons bound to the same ammunition supply, though.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
KP
Retired Moderator

Well, there you go. Impossible from a coding perspective, like so many things...

But is it actually possible to bind two weapons to the same ammo supply?

Because I really want to do double taps with a GPMG!

-Paul Howe

Tags
changing, rof