project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Fernavliz
Default certain equipment or vehicles depending on the map, and other suggestion

what about adding certain equipment or vehicles depending on the map and its location.

Like for example, a map that is located in saudi arabia where the MEC fights US coalition; give MEC some m1 abrams tanks because saudi arabia owns some of these tanks (i read about it somewhere). I know that the MEC would make like a general equipment for all their army but there are useful things, like m1 abrams tanks, that are owned by only some MEC countries (saudi arabia, egypt, kuwait) of the and no by all the other MEC (so their main tank is t-90 but with m1 abrams like secundary tank, at least on that map). And the same if the map is located in a MEC country with many useful vehicles, weapons, combat jets, etc different than the standart MEC (maybe the uniforms if it is different and that country´s army are very numerous, like iranians).

other suggestion (I think it is really unnesesary):
I´ve read that the MEC faction isn´t realistic enough for some players because it doesn´t represent (phisicaly, languaje) countries like iran or afganistan that forms part of the MEC. I suggest to make a different a player model for the MEC that would look like "from a persian country"(iran, afganistan), this would replace the base rifleman kit or other base kit, so it would represent the irani´s soldiers in the MEC. Just a (dump) suggestion, what do you think?

(sorry for my english)
Fernavliz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
PlatinumA1

yah i just did a search , they have some m1 abrams

edit: not their mbt
PlatinumA1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

Right now the T-90 is a mirror image of the m1a2 so I cant see the point of having 2 diffrent tanks on the same map and team with the exact same stats. BUT if in the future the T-90s lets say gets weaker than the abrams then I can see your point.

Ignore the ones saying the MEC faction is unrealistic, if we were totaly realistic then we would only have UK vs insurgents and US vs insurgents. but different skins would be nice, all MEC troops look like clones with diffrent Hats
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
El_Vikingo

It's up to the mapper to choose what vehicles go on their maps.

What I thought the thread was about was having a vehicle, such as the land rover have a 50.cal on one map and a nade launcher on another one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
BetterDeadThanRed

I like that idea better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
ShowMeTheMonkey

Such as this one that the Royal Marines got for their Xmas present in 2006?

Look at their smily faces!

ShowMeTheMonkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo View Post
It's up to the mapper to choose what vehicles go on their maps.

What I thought the thread was about was having a vehicle, such as the land rover have a 50.cal on one map and a nade launcher on another one.

i sugest that a while ago .

adding variety to vehicles , for example , having a cobra armed with 16 hellfires in one armor map , and a cobra armed with 8 tows and 2 pod of hydras in a inf map .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
El_Vikingo

That would be much better than giving the opposite team the same vehicle.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #9
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Paladin-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp20000 View Post
Right now the T-90 is a mirror image of the m1a2...
In what way?

Paladin-X is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Well actually, its not, as the T-90 doesn't suck ingame compared with other armor.

It doesn't have nearly as many "sweet spots" as the M1 and is slightly smaller, iirc.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
depending, equipment, map, suggestion, vehicles