project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Oct 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
robbo

Default Issue of Class Optics

Ok well, i feel this needs to be addressed right now the only class with a Assault rifle and Optics is the Rifleman and the Officer were as IRL (Based on British Military) almost every soldier has Optics on his gun.

So my suggestion is this:

* Medic: kept how it is i can see the point of the Medic having optics
* Engy: Same as medic
* Rifleman: Has Optics already
* L-AT: Its just a Rifleman IRL, so he should have optics and would encourage more people for L-AT
* Rifleman UGL: Getting Optics 0.7 i think
* Officer: Kept how he is
* Anti Air: Just a rifleman with a MANPADS, so he should have optics
* Crewman: kept with Iron sights

I hope these are implemented sooner rather than later...
robbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
ShowMeTheMonkey

i think this is more a question about balance, while yes pretty much all of British army squaddies are equiped with the SUSAT-16 scope (is that what it's called?) it wouldn;t make the game balanced I think, as brits could out shoot the Chinese fromt he top of the hill by South Bridge on Ghost train.

ShowMeTheMonkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Ghost1800

except that the chinese would probably get optics on a lot of their classes too... heck they're the first to get one on their grenadier kit.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Longbow*

Send a message via ICQ to Longbow*

I think medic should get aimpoint optics , because atm theres nothing to encourage ppl to play medic ( no self heal , no armour , no scope , no fancy assets - just a gun\medkit\defibs )
Longbow* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Medics have body armor, its the SF, that doesnt have it

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow* View Post
I think medic should get aimpoint optics , because atm theres nothing to encourage ppl to play medic ( no self heal , no armour , no scope , no fancy assets - just a gun\medkit\defibs )
You can self heal, they have body armor, no scope is not a problem for me because I do better without a scope. The combat medics do have "fancy assets", they have the medic kit, defibrillators, and three field dressings. The combat medic is one of the most important kits for an infantry squad to have. If people aren't choosing the medics to play as, well, tough luck...

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i agree with the Rifleman AA kit, just to make it more attractive. I dont know if i agree with the Light AT kit yet, have to think about it.

those are really your only suggestion lol.. (give rifleman at and rifleman aa optics)
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
DeePsix
Supporting Member

I do agree with the Light AT fuzz. The kit is honestly under-used and I feel that making them like a normal rifleman would make it more attractive. I think in reality, if a soldier would carry an AT4 he would still carry a scoped weapon. But that is up to you guys and the balance issues.

on a sidenote, I think the MANPADS acronym is the worst the army could choose for their AA launchers

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao: I'm Oscar Mike, OSCAR MIKE!!!!
DeePsix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
Eddie Baker
Banned

I would prefer to see the riflemen of all types (including grenadier and rifleman w/ single-shot LAW) get optics, and have optics vary by map. I.e., close-combat sights for urban and densely foliated maps (for the factions that issue them), and telescopic sights for more open maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeePsix View Post
on a sidenote, I think the MANPADS acronym is the worst the army could choose for their AA launchers
Yeah, and to top it all off, they call the HMMWV SHORAD launchers the Avenger Pedestal Mounted Stinger.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

I suggested optics for light AT a while ago on the tester forums. I very much support it. Also give optics to AA kit too.

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
class, issue, optics