project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
27 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
El_Vikingo

Zoom? What zoom?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
BetterDeadThanRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed View Post
8.) Remove rear cam from CAS aircraft and replace it with a 2/4x zoom. My reasoning for this is that the frogfoot is a "razorback" aircraft meaning the pilot cannot simply turn around and look behind him. The A-10 pilots can do this but for the sake of simplicity in balance I would leave it as a zoom function for both aircraft.
Happy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LeMazing.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
El_Vikingo

I meant in real life.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAINERROR Send a message via MSN to MAINERROR Send a message via Skype™ to MAINERROR

1. The twoseated machines are just trainings machines. The F15 has a very highly developed radar and comabat system. Its a BVR (beyond visual range) fighter and dont need two pilots to operate!

2. The AIM 120 rockets are rada-guided in rearlity but the AIM-120 has a extremely wide operating-range ... at BF2 map-sizes i can blow you up direct after you've took of ... thats not good for the gameplay. If you want to code radar-guided missiles you have to include also the altitude of your plane and of the target, your target can fly under radar-level and you cant lock it cause of the ground-clutter. Then another example. your plane is very high, your missiles have also a higher range ... its direct proportional. And another example. If you have a radar which is a active system, this means, that you send a signal which will be received be your systems, then the enemy can also see you, cause he can also receive the radar-signal.

That are just a few examples for you to imagine what a coding-expenditure it would be.

3. the best speeds in a dog-fight are between 350 and 450 knots per hour and its also not a very good idea to fly a permanent s-line cause in reality you bleed speed ... speed you cant regain as easy in a dog-fight.

MAINERROR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
BetterDeadThanRed

At vikingo, CAS aircraft have optics. In PR currently, to acquire a target visually they will only have enough time to fire and kill it then graze the trees before shooting back up into the sky. Hardly a realistic tactic. The whole point of adding a zoom is to make up for the limitations of the range that vehicles will render at.

Happier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINERROR View Post
1. The twoseated machines are just trainings machines. The F15 has a very highly developed radar and comabat system. Its a BVR (beyond visual range) fighter and dont need two pilots to operate!

2. The AIM 120 rockets are rada-guided in rearlity but the AIM-120 has a extremely wide operating-range ... at BF2 map-sizes i can blow you up direct after you've took of ... thats not good for the gameplay. If you want to code radar-guided missiles you have to include also the altitude of your plane and of the target, your target can fly under radar-level and you cant lock it cause of the ground-clutter. Then another example. your plane is very high, your missiles have also a higher range ... its direct proportional. And another example. If you have a radar which is a active system, this means, that you send a signal which will be received be your systems, then the enemy can also see you, cause he can also receive the radar-signal.

That are just a few examples for you to imagine what a coding-expenditure it would be.

3. the best speeds in a dog-fight are between 350 and 450 knots per hour and its also not a very good idea to fly a permanent s-line cause in reality you bleed speed ... speed you cant regain as easy in a dog-fight.
On your first count, you sir could not be more wrong as I was talking about ground attack aircraft, not fighters. FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE READ!

F-15E

That is not a trainer, F-15 strike eagles are two seat and fully combat capable.

Su-34

Note the side by side cockpit.

Su-30

Gr.4

Your point is no more! It has ceased to be.

Number 2 is completely irrelevant to the issue as it is way beyond the capabilities of BF2. Project reality is to as closely as possible replicate combat within their given limitations of the engine.

I honestly have no idea what 3 has to do with my points.

LeMazing.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
El_Vikingo

Maybe PR took out the 2 seatrer planes for a reason?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
BetterDeadThanRed

Considering how the IDS was listed in the wiki as being "in the works" I thought I had some ground to stand on. And cmon, what is the RAF going to consist of without the IDS? The Harrier is hardly a worthy adversary for a monster like the frogfoot.

Anything else before we stagnate on the two seater jets?

LeMazing.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #18
El_Vikingo

Does the US Army or marine use any double seater aircraft?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #19
BetterDeadThanRed

F-18 E/F is used by both the Navy and the Marines to my knowledge.

When the US Army needs an airstrike, they call the air force.

Edit: Perhaps this thread should be moved to the .6 feedback subforum. Wasn't really thinking when I forgot about that.

LeMazing.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #20
El_Vikingo

F-18 E or F-18 F? They are two different versions.

Tags
aircraft, feedback, v07