project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Agemman
Default Door Breaching Charge

Now, I don't know anything about coding or making levels or buildings in BF2 or any other game. But one thought have often crossed my mind when I play PR. All around the maps we have doorways covered with wood and other stuff. To get through you have to use the SLAM or an grenade, why not give the SpecOps a door charge? So they can put it up, and then it'll blow away without risking to TK somebody else.

Since I don't know anything about coding and stuff I can't tell if it's possible or not, but you could basically change the exploding radius so that it just blows the door out, right? Would be really effective and much appreciated.

Here's a crappy animation made i 5 secs just to explain some more.

Other than that I'd like to thank you guys for an excelent mod!
Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Jubjub

Agemman got a point there. It would be good whit a dorr charge. plant it and move in. whit SLAMs the TK risk it high and its a lot of public noobs that dosent get that SLAMs is deadly if y stand infront of it and look. and nades is better to send ower the wall or some thing at the enemy.
Jubjub is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
101 bassdrive
Banned

guess this would be pretty interessting for weopons caches hidden in buildings. question is though how hard those buildings are to model and how the insurgents should get in and defend without using such.
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
El_Vikingo

Suggested many times before, first you'd need doors to charge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Snowno

We're talking about the wooden fence object that is destroyable.
And yeah, it'd be awesome with a breaching charge.
This type of TK happens often.
Snowno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
spartan117gw

Send a message via AIM to spartan117gw Send a message via MSN to spartan117gw Send a message via Skype™ to spartan117gw

use the radius and blast direction stuff from teh claymore item. add it to a breaching charge type of item(c4 or slam ) and boom. u got a explosive item that blows INWARDS to teh door. ther u go. start making it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BF2 ASSAULT. BETTER TOYS, BADDER GUNS, THE ASSAULT IS COMING... intel x6800 core 2 duo 2.93ghz 4gigs ddr2 ram nvidia 7950 gx2 1gig audigy 2 zs soundcard. aka . the coop king.

spartan117gw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
LeadMagnet
Former Testing Manager

You still don't want to be standing in front of a breaching round.....trust me.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”
LeadMagnet is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
Zybon

SLAMs are enough. No need to get bogged down in the details.
Zybon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

USE SEARCH.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybon View Post
SLAMs are enough. No need to get bogged down in the details.
Agreed

What's French for deja vu?
.:iGi:. Eggenberg4Ever is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
breaching, charge, door