project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
-Cobra-
Default Suggestions for PR

Hello everybody

First, I would say that I love this mod!

But, after I installed the version 0.6 I was wondering that there is no Al Basrah with a Conquest modus and without USMC's, it's a great pity...
My suggestion is, that you do an Al Basrah in the Insurgency modus with GB's and insurgents and an Al Basrah in the Conquest modus with USMC's and insurgents, like in version 0.5 .

My other suggestion is, that you remove the special kits grenadier and supporter and put the two kits as standart kits. In the version 0.5, everytime I took the grenadier but now, I wouldn't request a new kit everytime.

Best regards

-Cobra-
-Cobra- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Do you know it had a very, very good reason to make those two kits limited?

GB fitted the scenery better on Al Basrah. It's not going to change, as far as I know.
(why would you want it to be USMC anyways? just a question )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterDune View Post
Cus he wants the A10 back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Al Basrah was only USMC for v0.5 because the British weren't completed enough to fight against the Inusrgents. The USMC was really only a placeholder. And the British are currently securing and holding Basrah.

May I ask, how long have you been playing?

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

And A10 doesnt fit in Basrah anymore, unless you like flying in circles

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #6
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Cobra- View Post
My other suggestion is, that you remove the special kits grenadier and supporter and put the two kits as standart kits. In the version 0.5, everytime I took the grenadier but now, I wouldn't request a new kit everytime.

What? If they can request their sniper kits, why can't they also fetch their nub tubes then?

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
Long Bow

I can't see the Devs creating or supporting a USMC version of the map for 0.6, the whole purpose was to get the UK in game on Al Basrah.

Once the Apache gets fixed for Basrah people will have something to wait around for 20 minutes and spam/tk/crash with. Patience.
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #8
-Cobra-

Quote:
It's not going to change, as far as I know.
Because of the cars, the planes and the choppers. I don't know, but with the USMC's, there was an other feeling.
Al Basrah is the greatest map I ever played and in Project Reality, there is no map like Al Basrah.

Quote:
Al Basrah was only USMC for v0.5 because the British weren't completed enough to fight against the Inusrgents. The USMC was really only a placeholder. And the British are currently securing and holding Basrah.
Ok, that's a good answer, but, you saw that Al Basrah on Conquest with USMC was one of the most played maps in Project Reality.
Why didn't you leave the map on Conquest with USMC and added the map on Insurgency with GB's? Then all would be content...
This is great in a computer game, you can do what you want.

And when we talk about maps already, where is Muttrah City? Have you removed this map?

Quote:
May I ask, how long have you been playing?
Project Reality since version 0.3 and version 0.6 since perhaps a week.

Ok, it's your decision what you do, but I must say I was happier when I played 0.5 as when I played 0.6 .

But keep on the good work.

Best Regards

-Cobra-

PS: And don't forget my other suggestions about the kits
-Cobra- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #9
Nimble

Hmm, I sure wish we had a clearly designated sub forum in which we could post our suggestions. That would be nifty, no?
Nimble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
Long Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Cobra- View Post

Ok, that's a good answer, but, you saw that Al Basrah on Conquest with USMC was one of the most played maps in Project Reality.
Why didn't you leave the map on Conquest with USMC and added the map on Insurgency with GB's? Then all would be content...
This is great in a computer game, you can do what you want.

And when we talk about maps already, where is Muttrah City? Have you removed this map?

)
Well it is project reality, the Brits are in charge of the Al Basrah area, that is why the USMC is not present on the map. To create a USMC version of Basrah would be a step backwards.

Muttrah was removed but a new and improved version is in the works.

The kit limiting may be changed in the future? But it was done to limit the spamming of these weapons. In a perfect world we could have the correct weapon loadouts for each squad but in the mean time limiting kits is the work around.
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
suggestions