project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
fabhym
Banned
Default Crashes

Is it possible to make crashes like in Armed Assault...You shoot tail rudder and it shut off...lights come on, it starts beaping and the helicoptet starts to spin while going down slowly then try to make the explosion bigger and have the helicopter scraps be more realistic...like staying longer and some flames around crash.
Is this possible?
fabhym is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
arjan

I think so
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Hardtman

This has been suggested before,and as far as I know, we have the very basics of this system already implemented. It might be just me, but sometimes I have a very hard time controlling an air asset after being hit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hardtman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

also if your heaviliy hit, the helicopter goes down and you can bail if neccesary
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Location specific damage is not supported in the engine.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Really?? I thought that when you hit a tank in the treads it stops moving and when you hit it in the tower it cant shoot...
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Nope. AFAIK that's all done by HP.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
Zantalos

I think it would be awesome if the helicopters have a ridicules amount of health so they could crash into the ground and not blow up so the passengers could bail out safely. Like in Black Hawk Down, the team gets hit with an rpg and lots of small arms fire but instead of blowing up in the air it just crashes into the ground and almost everyone is safe.They blew up the helicopter with 2 c4 charges.

I still think it should lose its flight capabilities after a single rpg so when it's smoking white smoke you won't be able to fly it and it will crash into the ground. But instead of blowing up and killing everyone inside it should just crash into the ground and be unusable.

I don't like how you can just light Black hawks up with a Humvee for a a few seconds and then watch it explode in the air and kill everyone inside. Bullets shouldn't make them explode, they should just disable them or penetrate through the chopper and kill the pilots or passengers. Helicopter itself shouldn't catch fire and explode unless hit with a highly explosive round like c4.

Same for vehicles like Commander trucks. When hit in the engine they should be disabled, but the people in the back and front shouldn't be killed unless they were shot, they should be able to climb out. I don't like how you can use bullets on a truck and then have it explode and kill everyone.

I really like how in the tank, crewman can jump out of the vehicle and survive their tank blowing up. I think pilots and their passenger crew should be able to survive helicopter crashes so we can put that red smoke to use.
Zantalos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #9
nick20404

Sometimes the turret locks up sometimes the tracks go out, How does the hp decide witch one will happen? Sometimes neither happens and it just blows up after a lil bit.
nick20404 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
CareBear

Send a message via MSN to CareBear

the chopper spining is already in, it just doesnt work over the internet afaik, try it on local or something and you see it spin out of control

also the tank tread and turret disablisiation are random, i seem to recall

CareBear is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
crashes