project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
arjan

Default tanks

i think the t90 are to much overpowered coz when i was in EOD desert i was in an abrahams and i saw an t 90 coming bang i shotted it just smoked (the t 90) and when the t 90 turns his turret and shooted me i blewed up immeditly a little bit confusing to me coz abrahams has the best armor in the world , right. >?
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Eddiereyes909
Retired Forum Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Eddiereyes909 Send a message via MSN to Eddiereyes909

You can kill a MEC guy with a scoped G3 with a officer pistol, and the pistol is underpowered,

its not the size or power of your weapon its how you use it.

"You know we've had to imagine the war here, and we have imagined that it was being fought by aging men like ourselves. We had forgotten that wars were fought by babies. When I saw those freshly shaved faces, it was a shock "My God, my God?" I said to myself. "It's the Children's Crusade."- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five
Eddiereyes909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
{GD}Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiereyes909 View Post
You can kill a MEC guy with a scoped G3 with a officer pistol, and the pistol is underpowered,

its not the size or power of your weapon its how you use it.
There are many factors involved in why that may have happened. Shot placement and the condition of your tank are probably two of the most important factors.

Perhaps next time, try to get a rear shot, shoot, smoke and move.

/shrug....I'm not a tanker, but that sounds like a better idea that sitting there and trying to slug it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{GD}Ghost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan View Post
i think the t90 are to much overpowered coz when i was in EOD desert i was in an abrahams and i saw an t 90 coming bang i shotted it just smoked (the t 90) and when the t 90 turns his turret and shooted me i blewed up immeditly a little bit confusing to me coz abrahams has the best armor in the world , right. >?
No.

eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #5
bullock

Send a message via MSN to bullock

challenger II has the best armor in the world
bullock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

if u shoot a tank on the top of the turret its, most of the time, a 1-shot kill

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I've heard the in-game Abrams has a bunch of "sweet spots", more than any other tank. Not sure where all of them are yet though.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Yeah, the M1 is covered in 'em.

imo, its by far the worst tank in PR. I hate driving the thing. Give me a T-90 or Type-99 any day.

Mind you, considering the T-90 and Type-99 don't have all their active defence systems I think its fair that the M1 doesn't have its uber armor.

On the subject of the "best" armor, its either the Challenger 2 or M1, the Challenger 2 has the improved "Dorchester" composite armor, while the M1 has the older "Chobham" composite but with Depleted Uranium inserts.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
tanks