project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to Deadfast
Smile Anti-spam protection

Hello all.

To prevent any "use the search !" kind of stuff, I've done a search, but nothing relevant came out.

I expect you all know the anti-spam protection, that prevents you from such a vanilla crap like repeating "You got it" all the time.
If you do, you'll get blocked for 32 secs or so.

Now, we've got increased draw distance in PR, so spotting enemies in distance is sometimes quite unreliable.

Recently, I was playing Al Basrah as a civilian, doing some spotting for my teammates.

I saw an APC in distance, moving into the city and I've tried to spot it.
It was far away, so I wasn't very successful and marked lots of question-marks instead.

Suddenly a british soldier with knife appeared.

There were lots of friendlies in the area, unfortunately none of them were facing my direction.
So I thought: I'll try to spot him and hopefully someone from the team will gun him down.

OK, pressed "spotted", but guess what.
"Blocked for 30 seconds".

5 seconds later I was "arrested".

And similar stories like this happens to me too often for comfort.

To the point of this story: Will it be possible to get rid of this spam-protection, preferably only for the spotted function ?
I don't think that voice-spam "Enemy troops !" will be an issue, as this voice is no more played (only ? mark appears).

Thanks for the reading and excuse any grammatical mistakes - English isn't my native language .
Last edited by Deadfast; 08-04-2007 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

I had a similar experience on Sunset city while flying the LB and spotting troops crossing the bridge.
It would, however, allow people to effectively cheat by spam spotting everywhere to reveal the enemy.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
youm0nt

Press Q, right click on the Spotted menu, highlight the enemy asset and left click. That's one way to spot things from far away.

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Even so, you only have so many spots per minute than you are muted for 31 seconds.
Objects like trees. fences and razor wire will prevent any kind of spot and often you try to find a new position to spot the target only to find you are blocked by the spam filter.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Spot once, if it doesnt work, use team chat or manually. Altough spotting manually can result in the icon appearing closer to you, than where the target is

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
Cerberus

The spotting in BF2 kind of sucks... alot. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to spot an enemy that's in the middle of the screen, only to have question marks pop up on the wrong locations on the minimap (not where I'm pointing at all) and then getting blocked.

"Practice proves more than theory, in any case."
- Abraham Lincoln

"i so regret searching "giant hentai penis" on google images though ;_;"
- Garabaldi
Cerberus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
pasfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadfast View Post

Thanks for the reading and excuse any grammatical mistakes - English isn't my native language .

don't worry man, i couldn't even tell, you have perfect english. i actually thought you were an american untill this last line and then i looked at where u are from
pasfreak is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antispam, protection