project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

View Poll Results: Should the Squad Leader spawn be removed?
Yes 75 28.96%
No 132 50.97%
Not sure 15 5.79%
The system should be left but altered 37 14.29%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #31
macho_borrito

indigo|blade , you said that wonderfull.
And i agree 100% with you after reading youre post.

Into the proces of becomming a Groundtroop officer
Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #32
[DVB]Neo.US

I voted "don't remove it". In my opinion, the squad leader is a resource manager at the squad level. A good squad leader should not be the point-man kicking in a door and entering a heavily fortified bunker. A squad leader places himself where he can see an objective, makes decisions on the best tactic of accomplishing the objective, and then organizing his squad to make it happen. Personally, I spend more time watching the flow of other squads on a map to make the best decision in regards to our next move, updating my squad on the unfoldings of the battlefield, and making kit-change requests as necessary.

If it is for realism that you guys think a soldier can't "magically" spawn on a squad leader, then the same goes for rally points, APCs, and commander supply trucks. Soldiers don't "magically" spawn on those either in real life.

If you want to remove someone's ability to spawn on a squad leader, then leave the confines of your bunker and come hunting for me (just as you would a rally point). The only difference between me and that rally point is - I'll shoot you in the eye.

Neo

Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #33
Kruder

I voted yes,because with new commander features there are lots of places to spawn(commander truck,bunkers+good old rallypoints).

However i am playing with same superb squadleader named Ante since 3 weeks,thus having no difficulties teamplaywise...

Maybe a limit on SL spawn might be better,for example only one man can spawn on SL every 15 seconds.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #34
Kruder

delete pls,
accidentally doublep posted
Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #35
Long Bow

Wow, poll is split down the middle as of this post. I voted yes and I have been a long time supporter of keeping the SL spawn but now with all of the spawn points it needs to go. I think rally points need to drop the required SL+3 people to SL+2 people to set, basically half the squad needs to be in one spot.

Edited post as I stated I voted no, got confused, happens often... ohhh look a shiny object...
Last edited by Long Bow; 08-03-2007 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #36
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

YES! But it needs modifications to the current RP system. There should be a possibility of an not so easy destroyable RP nearby a friendly CP. Maybe with a time limit or some more restrictions?

And it will change the gameplay for SLs. No more Rambo-styled attack run for a flag and then the squad spawns on you.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Old 08-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #37
Bonsai

Send a message via ICQ to Bonsai Send a message via Skype™ to Bonsai

...seems as the forum doesn`t like me?
Delete PLS - double post.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Sun Tzu
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #38
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Oh great. Now we have TWO threads on the same heated topic.

It seems to me that the only people who want to leave the SL spawn are those who want to spawn in and kill as quickly as possible. That has nothing to do with strategy.

"OMG I died! I have to wait a whole 30 seconds! F***! SQUAD LEADER DON'T DIE.... DONT DIE!!111 Whew! I spawned in. Pew pew pew pew! pwnt! hahaha noobs!"

Sound familiar?

This wasn't intended to be a thread for discussion, merely a place to get some figures.

While were giving short personal views , I don't think the transport thing is an issue because the developers will alter the gameplay accordingly. I'd say the best way would be to increase the number of of roaders and maybe have them spawning near bunkers and firebases too (not sure if they do already).

Let's try to keep this in the right thread though.

*EDIT* By the way longbow it sounds like you should of voted no not yes. So that puts us ahead in the polls! Woooooo! No SL spawn 2007!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #39
pasfreak

wow. the no votes came back. used to be like 23 votes to 4 or something.

VOTE YES
IF YOU DONT THE TERRORISTS WIN
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #40
AnRK
Supporting Member

Pah! I bet it's rigged. It'll be you damn yanks up to no good again! Can't even keep the computer games out of it!
Closed Thread

Tags
poll, removing, spawn