project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #11
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Almost no noe is playing medic. So i will have to use the field dressing if i get hurt. But i dont really want to waste one untill i've lost like 25% of my HP. Btw, whats the deal with field dressings?? Sometimes they just dissapear. And then i have no idea wether they healed me or not.
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
Zybon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead
if you get hurt: go to a medic... dont need to know how hurt you are, just need to know you will need a medic.
Sorry, but I don't agree with this. It's especially hard to tell how much damage you've taken when going down steep slopes (or short cliffs,) hitting razor wire, jumping out of slow moving vehicles, or being bumped by a vehicle. It's not worth the risk of huddling with a medic to heal something that could be very minor damage. I wouldn't put a band-aid (field dressing) on for a bruise or paper cut, but scraping your knee (from say... slipping down a steep slope) would warrant the use.
Zybon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
TE_fragkILLA

does the BF2 engine allow for say, imobalization?

i'm thinking Armed Assault style.

for anyone who has played ArmA, if you get shot in the legs or get severely injured when you try to walk, you fall. i do not thing the BF2 engine allows for body part specific damage except instant kill headshots, but i don't see why it wouldn't allow for not being able to walk and be forced to crawl if you are below a certain percentage. in real life if you are really f'd up from gunfire, you think you will still be running around?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TE_fragkILLA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #14
Leo

Ironically, this is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title of this thread.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #15
Zybon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE_fragkILLA
... i don't see why it wouldn't allow for not being able to walk and be forced to crawl if you are below a certain percentage. in real life if you are really f'd up from gunfire, you think you will still be running around?
I actually suggested temporary stamina loss in addition to health loss when you take damage in another thread but didn't get a response. It's worth repeating here since it could be a way to indicate the amount of damage: Decrease the amount of current stamina you have in proportion to the amount of damage you take. It would stop people from continuing their sprint after taking 2 shots and give finer resolution for your incoming damage.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #16
mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybon
It's not worth the risk of huddling with a medic to heal something that could be very minor damage. I wouldn't put a band-aid (field dressing) on for a bruise or paper cut, but scraping your knee (from say... slipping down a steep slope) would warrant the use.
then don't go to the medic unless you are bleeding and don't use the field dressing if it's only a minor injury. (=not bleeding)

People, it's not that hard. Seems like half of the guys in this thread need their mom to be there to tell them when they need a field dressing or a medic.
To be as simple as one can be, if you are bleeding you need a medic/field dressing. If you aren't bleeding then you aren't heavily wounded. (so you don't really need that field dressing/medic just yet)

Also if you really have to know then just ask the squad medic, he can see some kind of a health bar.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #17
Zybon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
then don't go to the medic unless you are bleeding and don't use the field dressing if it's only a minor injury. (=not bleeding)
I was responding to fuzzhead who suggested you go to a medic if you take any kind of damage.
Quote:
People, it's not that hard. Seems like half of the guys in this thread need their mom to be there to tell them when they need a field dressing or a medic.
To be as simple as one can be, if you are bleeding you need a medic/field dressing. If you aren't bleeding then you aren't heavily wounded.
You start bleeding at 50% life, and field dressings heal 20%. I'd rather use the dressing earlier for more staying power in the middle of a firefight. In real life there are situations where you'll start bleeding (scraping your knee) but it will stop on its own, and still warrants the use of a bandage. I wouldn't say that "half dead" is a minor injury.

Quote:
Also if you really have to know then just ask the squad medic, he can see some kind of a health bar.
Laughable.. you would (and should) be able to feel your own wounds.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
El_Vikingo

Adrenaline knocks away the pain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #19
nick

Send a message via MSN to nick

what would be cool and I wouldn't object to, if it was able to be done..
is a small figure of a man, and indications where you'd been wounded :P
nick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #20
TE_fragkILLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
i don't think anyone's mom would know WTF is going on in BF2...

if they know, then they must be a kick ass mom.

TE_fragkILLA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bar, health