project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
killed50
Post mortars, bf1942 type spotting and artillery

ok i know the mortar thing has been posted before so plz dont flame me but hear me out.

well i was playing poe2 today (and i must say project reality is much better) and relized that they had mortars or were planning on putting them in,

ne way they had a feature where you can shoot smoke out of the mortars and i thought that was a great idea,

another thing i wanted to suggest is bf1942 type spotting (now once again im sorry if im repeating this but i checked the sticky and did not see this)

im sure u guys no what i mean by that and i think it would be a great idea to use mortars and other artillery peices that u plan on or consider puting in with the help of a spotter

this encourages teamwork and would bring (i think) many more people to the mod

this also can be used to soften the enemies defenses or prevent the assaulting team from getting a firm grip on a location (obviously)

i think that it would be great if you could make it possible for the commander
to deploy stationary artillery.

these things would add a whole nother level to the game and increase the value of defense and teamwork as well as getting the whole team to work together instead of individual squads running around duing there own isolated actions

thank you for hearing me out

and please tell me what you think
killed50 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

The POE mortars and mobile arty are VERY cool, basically the only reason I play the game as I just love indirect fire.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

eve of destruction also has mortars and they are so immersive its not even funny. hey why cant PR maybe borrow those? i mean isnt eve of destruction part of black sand studios? maybe they could ask...

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

EoD is part of black sand studios im preety sure and their arty is very (VERY) nice but people can some times become arty whores (if i can say that) so if PR did use EoD's arty id suggest adding maybe 2-3 to a map total (depending on how big the maps is)

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
killed50

Anotha thing that i forgot to mention is that maybe you can have a mortar kit as a limited kit or an arty man (dont know what you would call him) as a limited kit, they would be the only ones allowed to use the arty, this would eliminate the arty whores but any one with binocs could spot out targets
killed50 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
Tumppu4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed50
mortar kit as a limited kit
Mortar kit is already on the kit request menu, but the mortar kit will be added in some future version.
Tumppu4321 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
El_Vikingo

Mortar Kit was removed from the Kit Request Menu.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Long Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.JOKER
EoD is part of black sand studios im preety sure and their arty is very (VERY) nice but people can some times become arty whores (if i can say that) so if PR did use EoD's arty id suggest adding maybe 2-3 to a map total (depending on how big the maps is)

I believe Eggman already answered a similar suggestion on borrowing. Basically the PR team wants to put the PR spin on mortars so they will not be using the EoD mortar system. I imagine that the PR system will be one of the best once it comes to light.
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
artillery, bf1942, mortars, spotting, type