project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
Crusader09

Send a message via AIM to Crusader09

A shotgun blast out the back without any recoil is possible but you'd have to completely eliminate the rocket because of BF2's weapons and you'd have quite a silly weapon because it fires shotgun pellets out the back end. Other than that, levels of recoil can be freely played with.

If Battlefield 2 had some well done ricochet physics, then the Devs could use the back blast damage area to the advantage of simulating confined space firing.

This would be my Hypothesis for the topic if Battlefield 2 was mod friendly and had a few extra features.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In game name: ELITE_TANKER

"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all."
-George Washington
Crusader09 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
Gyberg

It is because of the extreme increase in pressure you would get when firing an AT-4 from inside a room, due to the backblast. Even with AT-4 CS cases of people passing out due to increase of pressure have been reported.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anthony Lloyd, himself a former soldier in the British army and a Northern Ireland and Gulf War veteran:
"The men inside (the APC) might have been UN but they were playing by a completely different set of rules. They were Swedes; in terms of individual intelligence, integrity and single-mindedness I was to find them among the most impressive soldiers I had ever encountered. In Vares their moment had come."
Gyberg is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus
From what I understood from that show, the AT-4 CS is the only AT weapon that can be fired from a confined space.
Any kind of Anti-Tank weapon can be fired within a confined space, as long as it has a soft-launch ability.

Javelin can. NLAW can. Pretty sure SRAW (the heavy US one, can't remember if it's SMAW or SRAW) can also. They're only the ones I can remember.

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:16 AM   #14
Fracsid

We need a banword list, and then we need to put futureweapons on it... You'd be hard pressed to find something on futureweapons that hasn't been suggested yet (hell, think I even saw someone requesting a lightning briefcase that they showed on it a few months ago).

SRAW's the default BF2 AT, the SMAW's the lighter one you guys took out in .5 (the AT4 is beautiful, by the way).

Actually, the way AT is used currently in PR I think the SMAW may make a better HAT weapon for the US. It's specifically designed to attack tanks at ranges of 500m, unguided.

The SRAW on the other hand is a top attack/direct attack/dumb fire missile, designed for ranges a bit lower than the Javelin's.

Sorry for going off-topic!

Fracsid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #15
Sandboxwolf

the RPG-7 isnt AT, its a rocket-propelled-grenade, i dont think grenades are fully AT capable, however it is built for the purpose but RPG-7's dont have a strong enough back-blast in the first place, so insurgents rest easy when shooting from a building

<<< copy and paste mr.bug so he can work his way to world domination!
Sandboxwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandboxwolf
the RPG-7 isnt AT, its a rocket-propelled-grenade, i dont think grenades are fully AT capable, however it is built for the purpose but RPG-7's dont have a strong enough back-blast in the first place, so insurgents rest easy when shooting from a building
You're just askin' for an interweb bitchslap, arn't you?

basically,

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #17
WNxKenwayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
You're just askin' for an interweb bitchslap, arn't you?

basically,

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

I was reading this post just waaaaaaaaaaaaaiting to write a response then I see your artarded post being the last one. Forum hor.
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM   #18
Jimmy_Smack

Would that show happen to be Future Weapons?^ Anyways, yes the AT4 CS is the only light AT gun that can be fired indoors without breaking your eardrums and killing you with a concussion blast.

2010 +3

Jimmy_Smack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #19
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Smack View Post
Would that show happen to be Future Weapons?^ Anyways, yes the AT4 CS is the only light AT gun that can be fired indoors without breaking your eardrums and killing you with a concussion blast.
Shut up. Please, just shut up. In a friendly way of course.

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
inside, launcging, rocket, room