project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
Maj.b00bz
Default Bunny Hopping and Dolphin Diving

Greetings all, first time poster here. I've been lurking in the sidelines watching different mods for some time now. This mod seems to be the most promising as far as getting a "real" game in play.

I'll start off my 1st post with a simple suggestion and let the players, developers, trolls and computer studs tell me why this can or won't ever happen.

Why not tie in jumping and diving into stamina? Try this

Take a knee = 10% stamina reduction
One jump = 25% stamina reduction
One dive = 50% reduction

Before you bash me with a baseball bat, understand my logic comes from my 4 years as USMC infantry (0311, 2/7 Fox from 89-93). The gear you carry weighs a LOT. Even the simple act of taking a knee takes effort. After any training ranges and combat assaults I was physically exhausted. Not to mention my experience in Desert Storm loaded up with extra ammo for the saw, grenades, radio batteries, M-16 magazines, etc. Infantry work is exhausting, PRMM should mirror that.
Maj.b00bz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Beckwith

Send a message via AIM to Beckwith Send a message via MSN to Beckwith Send a message via Yahoo to Beckwith

First of all welcome to the PR Forums,

I and pretty much everyone else here agrees that bunny hopping/ prone diving should some how be taken out, iv seen several mods try and tie it to the stamina bar to varied degrees of succes i dont know if it can be done to the rite extent that way however i like to see it attempted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beckwith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
Maj.b00bz

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't think it should be removed, in fact I think it's a necessary feature. If you can't jump over a small obstacle then you get the retarded sort of infantry play you see in a game like World War II online.

It needs to be tweaked. I would think any modification of the feature would be better than it is now.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #4
Beckwith

Send a message via AIM to Beckwith Send a message via MSN to Beckwith Send a message via Yahoo to Beckwith

no it definetly shouldnt be removed but yes it does need work and it is something i can assure you the devs are attempting to set rite since the release of the BF2 demo its been an often discussed issue on this forum

Beckwith is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #5
Figisaacnewton

Major, I think the stamina reduction on changing stances is an excellent idea.

maybe take those numbers and chop em in half, with the exception of jumping, which should stay at 1/4.

the only problem is that there is no way to make it so you cannot do stamina reducing activities if you have no stamina left.

even if you go up and down and up and down 100 times, you can still just keep doing it, you just can't run fast...

but if this problem is ever overcome somehow, than this would be an excellent addition (as well as redone stance changing animations, but thats a ways off) to the mod.

Most original idea ive heard in a while btw.

Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

yeah good thoughts

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:47 AM   #7
Maj.b00bz

Thanks for the feedback.

Cutting the numbers in half would still be acceptable. In addidtion taking a knee would not be as costly and you recover fast enough that it would only be a second or two before the coding limitation with not being able to use a stamina function if you're out. But is that such a bad thing? You would be forced to conserve your energy. Just like real life. No more turning yourself blue in the face every 30 seconds. Honestly. I was in the top shape of my life back then. I judged every distance I had to run carefully. You simply just don't take off running across distances you know you can't cover in one short sprint. You can only physically exhaust yourself two or three times in a row with an all out run before you start recovering more and more slowly. Do that all day and you'll be dead by afternoon.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #8
{GD}geogob

Send a message via ICQ to {GD}geogob Send a message via AIM to {GD}geogob Send a message via MSN to {GD}geogob Send a message via Yahoo to {GD}geogob

Bunny Hopping and Dolphin Diving...

... will get you kicked from the GD server.

But seriously, this is an issue, and not just in this game. On thing about dolphin diving is that it's simply too easy to get an accurate shot after jumping flat on the ground. I my mind that would be easy to fix.

Disclaimer: As he was educated in the "Infiltration school of modding", be aware that this user is a realism freak. He cannot be held responsible for any emotional damage this might generate, although he apologizes for it in advance.
{GD}geogob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #9
Enforcer1975
Send a message via ICQ to Enforcer1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by {GD}geogob
Bunny Hopping and Dolphin Diving...

... will get you kicked from the GD server.

But seriously, this is an issue, and not just in this game. On thing about dolphin diving is that it's simply too easy to get an accurate shot after jumping flat on the ground. I my mind that would be easy to fix.
I get shot half the time a guy thinks he is flipper

The other half it's like shooting clay pigeons.

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

United Multiplayer Corps - OFP Clan, soon playing Armed Assault

xfire: enforcer1975
Enforcer1975 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

Great idea. I usually find the M249,PKM and shotgun ideal for rabbit shooting .
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bunny, diving, dolphin, hopping