project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
=UKHC=Neoteknix
Smile Squad Leaders - ability to build certain structures ...

I was Playing a really Good round as Squad leader on the River Qwai last night with a Brilliant, very flexible and reliable and very Communicative Squad, including a player called "CounterZero" ( i think it was that ) who stuck by my side through some hefty gun Battles with Armour and Troops.

after a couple of Situations its led me to think Why should the Commander be the only one to be able to set up Sand bags and barbed wire ...

I think Squad Leaders Should have the ability to Place these Assets with the Aid of a Supply Drop from the Commander, i think the Tactical improvement this Would create would be great - eg:

Commander " Alpha Squad, your Going over to Defence Here, Supply Drop at your Co-ordinate, Dig in Lads "

Alpha Squad Leader " Roger that " *squad leader proceeds to place Tactically placed sandbags and Barbed wire with Squads help*

hehe

also, an idea mentioned before about MG Emplacements - Squads would be able to build one, but only if a Support Troop is in the Squad.

what do you think of this idea ? and sorry if its been mentioned before, i searched - but couldnt find anything.

Nick
=UKHC=Neoteknix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Aljen

I would really like to see it in game.

Truth needs no law to enforce it
Evolution: The realization by the organism that those things inside the white lab coats are pretty damned tasty!
Aljen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
bullock

Send a message via MSN to bullock

good idear would like to see this implemented.
bullock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

the supply drops are not accurate ^^ plus, the squad leader's role would be widely different from the commander, rather see an improvment on Heavy Support Vehicles
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
=UKHC=Neoteknix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Olsson
the supply drops are not accurate ^^ plus, the squad leader's role would be widely different from the commander, rather see an improvment on Heavy Support Vehicles
I think that would be a good idea, But some Tard always steals your vehicle when you need it ... hence why i thought a static supply drop would be best.

Maybe make it so commanders can "Control" Supply drops to a certain Degree ?

Or How About ........................................ Supply Drops Attached to the Little Birds ?

If you remember BF1942, the helicopters could Pick up supplies - and even vehicles - if this could be possible then the Littlebirds would have an extra part to play in the game, a stockpile of Supply Crates at each teams main flag would be a good one !!

what do you reckon ? is it possible ?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Aljen

AFAIK (mostly from this forum threads) it is impossible in BF2 engine

Truth needs no law to enforce it
Evolution: The realization by the organism that those things inside the white lab coats are pretty damned tasty!
Aljen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
=UKHC=Neoteknix
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljen
AFAIK (mostly from this forum threads) it is impossible in BF2 engine
do you mean not possible for airlifting ?

if so.

DAMN THOSE EA INFIDELS !!!!!!!!

can you Devs make a PR_DEVS VS EA_DEVS Map ?

I'd like to RPG the lot of them .........
Old 07-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #8
CadetFox

Wow, I'd LOVE to see this in the game this is a better concept than the commander's assets because sometimes the team does not even build the commander's thingys. So having a squad do it would be more efficient.

CadetFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
Swe_Olsson

Send a message via ICQ to Swe_Olsson Send a message via Skype™ to Swe_Olsson

the vehicle could be requested by squad leaders, 1 per squad.. officer kit needed to request a M1123 or simthing similar, nothing armed, just like a fast moving cargo transporter.. also maybe it could be restricted, like 4 barb wires and/or half a sand bunker
Swe_Olsson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

or....... you could leave it keyed to the supply crate and placement and luck will play a large factor in how well your defense is set up.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ability, build, leaders, squad, structures