project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie
Default Engineers

Need more credit for their work in building firebases and other structures. I love travelling around wit commander n building stufff but i reckon it might help with motivation if they got alot of points for doing it.

Would it also be possible to add a couple sandbag walls w/fixed machine guns? Would make em a bit more usefull as they aint used as much as they should be.

Also, any chance of seeing mortars in further releases? They could have a limited number placed so they aint abused. IRL theyre still used bulk, especially amongst insurgents. Would be fun mortaring positions or running for cover from mortar fire

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Repair points are in good measure but there's something with BF2 engine that it takes too much time or effort to give repair points. Sometimes it doesn't give you any at all. I doubled the points given by repair for the next release.

Fixed machine guns in commander deployables are planned for future releases, and mortars as well.
dbzao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie

noice
cheers mate

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Aljen

There will be mortars in future releases (hey are in testing phase now I think)

And sandbags with fixed machine guns (with limited ammo) is a good idea if they are created in a such way that machine gunner is really hidden behind sandbags.

Truth needs no law to enforce it
Evolution: The realization by the organism that those things inside the white lab coats are pretty damned tasty!
Aljen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I still would like to see squadleaders get the option to deploy sandbag walls.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
daranz

I usually get very little points for driving around the map and repairing tanks. Not that it matters, but it makes me look like I'm not doing anything all round. More repair points certainly sounds nice.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
Danthesandman

yaa. i love helping commandr but he sometimes the commandr is a bit of a fool and he doesnt know wats hes doing and u get bored with waiting for him to build.

would the be any chance of different types of sandbags? like stright, L angle, C angle and double height for defending against snipers
Danthesandman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #8
DarkTalon

I've learned to just ignore the points system, as long as i feel i'm making a difference in the fight i'm happy.
DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #9
JaxxTheVixen

More repair points would be nice alright, and i love the Engineer class and everything, but wouldn´t that lead to a lot more ppl building stuff, and a lot less ppl fighting perhaps?
JaxxTheVixen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 AM   #10
Tartantyco

-If you see an "Engineers" squad around headed by me(SOE Tartantyco) then you've just stumbled upon the commander's dedicated engineers squad. Construction, demolition, minelaying, and defense is what we do.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
engineers