project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: would you like to see trackIR support in Reality
OH YEAH!! bring it on 38 51.35%
Bah! you wouldn't catch me flying in the air.. 3 4.05%
whats track IR? 15 20.27%
don't care 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
krekc

Default Add Track IR support to PR

So it seems that someone has developed TrackIR support for BF2, NP are thinking about implementing it some way for single player vBF2 play - non multi player. Would you like to see trackIR working in Reality?

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Randleman5102

Would be really cool, especially for pilots, giving people better and fuller immersion into the game.

You Are Now Breathing Manually...
Randleman5102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
[DVB] TRIggS

For people who dont know what it is. It is a device that tracks the motion of your head and sends that info to your computer. Turn your head left, the virtual character's vision turns left. This allows you to see alot more and offers a free look around without pressing any buttons.
Youtube

As for adding it. While it is a nice thing to have, I dont think too many people in this community have it. If it is put in, keep it in SP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[DVB] TRIggS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

EDIT: Sorry ignore my post didnt catch that with the single player thingy SORRY
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Wow, thats cool. But wouldnt it be more annoying to have to turn your head away from the screen when wanting to look at a certain direction?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp20000
its Hardcoded, The engine most support track IR, its nothing the Devs can add later on.
Your getting this information from where ?

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #7
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
Your getting this information from where ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-DEV eggman
apparently the devs from TrackIR tried to get EA / DICE to support it, but never got much response. Nothing we can do to add support, it's a game engine level feature. I'd prolly buy one hehe .. they have come a long way since I first tried them out.
he said it in this post

But if someone has hacked BF or something then i guess it might work for singelplayer, I dont think PB will like it in multiplayer
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #8
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

It would be nice to have for infantry. I remember playing in WW2OL where they had a look left and look right keys. Came in VERY handy. I know it would it PR as well. I wouldn't pay for it though..lol.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #9
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If someone posts ho it was made to work we'll take a look at it.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #10
krekc

@ ReaperMAC - You don't turn your head away from the screen at all, you can program the Tracker software to use very subtle movements of you head (i've very restricted movement in my neck and I use it fine), once you use it for a while you don't even give it a second thought.

@ solodude23 - can't see it working 1st person like ARMA tbh, could be surprised though!

@ Cp20000 - i'd never seen this video before tonight! there is Track IR working in game with complete 6 DOF (degrees of freedom) look how he can look over the top of things, and duck down behind the dash of the jeep, for example, or, the way he fly's the jet, looks around, and can still control the jet - even firing weapons (though he does seem to lose the hud, which is to be expected imo). that's not just using TrackIR mouse emulation to look left,right,up,down, that's proper trackIR that is!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nElijjwP2L0

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
add, support, track