project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: would you like to see trackIR support in Reality
OH YEAH!! bring it on 38 51.35%
Bah! you wouldn't catch me flying in the air.. 3 4.05%
whats track IR? 15 20.27%
don't care 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 03:53 AM   #41
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

PunkBusteD augments and requires PunkBusteR.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #42
krekc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF6049
Uh, VOIP is just as unfair as TrackIR.
To say it's "unfair" isn't quite right, I mean I could say that someone using a G-15 keyboard has an unfair advantage over me who doesn't, does someone using a lazer mouse have an unfair advantage over someone using a rollerball mouse? PC gaming is all about technology, someone could buy a G-15 keyboard, I choose to buy TrackIR, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Besides look at the great mod to build your own tracker in this thread! it's a whole new gaming experience once you put your head in the game especially when flying jets. I really don't like it in 1st person like in Arma and just switch my tracker off, but as soon as I jump in a jet. on it goes!

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #43
=UKHC=Neoteknix

OK maybe slightly off topic, ish,

But without IR tracking, Is there any way at all to Free Look ? apart from when your not in a jet ?

would it be possible to implement it into the Game without the need for IR to make it fair to all gamers playing ?

i think it'd be great, you could be sat laid still and still look around - I think one of the biggest dissapointments with anything to do with battle field, is the Field of View - Close quarters firefights are not realistic in a sense as once they get to a certain point on the screen they vanish out of sight ... lol ......... makes it more guessing work, whereas with free look you'd be able to tell exactly where they are ....... near or far
=UKHC=Neoteknix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #44
krekc

Quote:
Originally Posted by =UKHC=Neoteknix
OK maybe slightly off topic, ish,

But without IR tracking, Is there any way at all to Free Look ? apart from when your not in a jet ?

would it be possible to implement it into the Game without the need for IR to make it fair to all gamers playing ?

i think it'd be great, you could be sat laid still and still look around - I think one of the biggest dissapointments with anything to do with battle field, is the Field of View - Close quarters firefights are not realistic in a sense as once they get to a certain point on the screen they vanish out of sight ... lol ......... makes it more guessing work, whereas with free look you'd be able to tell exactly where they are ....... near or far
At a guess? No I really don't think it would work in 1st person tbh, i'd say it will be for vehicles only, and hopefully mouselook should still function for those not using a head tracker.

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #45
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quick update: The current "BF2 TrackIR tech demo" that was created by a 3rd party does not work with BF2 1.41. NaturalPoint is hoping that this 3rd party will update it to work with BF2 1.41.

They are pretty sure that it will violate PunkBuster, tho perhaps an updated version that is 1.41 compatible will address that issue.

They expect / hope to see a 1.41 compatible version sometime in the next few weeks.

Implementing into a mod has been attempted and was problematic, so even if the tech demo stuff can be made workable and compatible with 1.41... there is still the PunkBuster issue and the actual implementation into PR... so er... I guess "hopeful but not optomistic" might be the best way of looking at it.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #46
VipersGhost

Is there any hope that it would work for infantry situtations or just vehicles?
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #47
krekc

Thanks for the update eggman. I guess it all depends on the nature of the PB violation, might be something like the old PB TS "screen overlay" problem from a few years ago. who knows, maybe some expertise could be called on from within evenbalance to help overcome the problem? Any dealings i've had with them through their support ticket system, they seem a fairly sound helpful bunch. Guess we'll just have to keep those fingers crossed & see what they come up with, to get it to work in conjunction with 1.41 & take it from there really

Old 07-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #48
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

I imagine the implementation will cause a lot of headaches even if it works in BF2 and without punkbuster violations. One may need to rework a lot of the vehicle interiors to make the 6DOF work.

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:09 PM   #49
tupla_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
Is there any hope that it would work for infantry situtations or just vehicles?
Don't think it'd work with infantry since the bullets come from the center of the screen instead of the weapon model. Also the hands on the screen are cut from shoulders and would have to be remodeled to include upper torso

tupla_s is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #50
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

it only works in vehicles. sorta. with BF2 1.4. but not online because you get PB kicked. and apparently it's a large pita to implement.

but... we'll look into it.

Cheers!
egg

Tags
add, support, track