project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: would you like to see trackIR support in Reality
OH YEAH!! bring it on 38 51.35%
Bah! you wouldn't catch me flying in the air.. 3 4.05%
whats track IR? 15 20.27%
don't care 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
I am in contact with the Natural Point folks. We'll look at trying it out in a v0.7 alpha build to see if we can get it to work.
If you need anyone to test something with TrackIR. I do have TrackIR 4 here.
Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #32
Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellDuke
As far as SP goes: knock yourself out...

But I'd think that in MP such a thing shouldn't be allowed (if it were possible to do things like in that vid) since that would be giving an unfair advantage to those that have it. Unless of course there would be servers where this thing would be required and in others you couldn't use it.
thats like stopping people from playing because their laser mouse they use is more sensitive than some one with a old ball mouse, or some one that uses 5.1 speakers over 2 speakers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #33
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If we can make it work, we'll be including it in PR. We won't trade off Punkbuster support for TrackIR support, but if we can get it working and not screw up PB I'll be buying a TrackIR hehe. Always loved those things, but have never owned one.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #34
krekc

Couldn't ask for more than that, I agree completely about the PB tradeoff too high a price. The whole prospect of TR working properly is very exciting! if you need a hand to beta test it, i'd be glad to donate some help if needed np, though i'm sure you have it undercontrol..

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #35
xseeyax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellDuke
As far as SP goes: knock yourself out...

But I'd think that in MP such a thing shouldn't be allowed (if it were possible to do things like in that vid) since that would be giving an unfair advantage to those that have it. Unless of course there would be servers where this thing would be required and in others you couldn't use it.
Since when did having more technology constitute an "unfair advantage"? By this rationale, those with higher end graphics cards and bigger monitors shouldn't be allowed to play because "it wouldn't be fair." Whether or not you choose to use technology available is up to you and your wallet. Don't hold everyone else back because you see it as "unfair."

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Thunder
thats like stopping people from playing because their laser mouse they use is more sensitive than some one with a old ball mouse, or some one that uses 5.1 speakers over 2 speakers
Oh wow I didn't see your post until after I posted already. Looks like we're on the same page though.

If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig .
xseeyax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 AM   #36
xseeyax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupla_s
Buy webcam if you don't have yet. Buy cam2pan and download NewView 37d somewhere. Then just find a led or something to attach to a cap or headphones. Head lamp works too, but best would be to have a bright IR-led and negative film in front of the webcam as a IR-filter.

Cam2Pan http://www.mousevision.com/game/index.htm
NewView 37d http://files.filefront.com/NewView+3.../fileinfo.html

EDIT: Uploaded newView to filefront.
What is negative film is that like for cameras? just go down to the store and by a camera?

If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig .
xseeyax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #37
tupla_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseeyax
What is negative film is that like for cameras? just go down to the store and by a camera?
If you have some old photos the negatives usually came with them
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...egativfilm.jpg

Last edited by tupla_s; 07-02-2007 at 05:06 AM..
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 AM   #38
TF6049

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
You still need to hold down CTRL.

You can set up a fake TrackerIR with a webcam, some filter, and a diode, and then use mouse emulation.
Maybe Not. In the Choppers you can press buttons to have certain viewpoints and yet you can control the chopper. Maybe we could make the jets so they could be controlled when using CTRL...
TF6049 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 AM   #39
TF6049

Quote:
Originally Posted by krekc
Couldn't ask for more than that, I agree completely about the PB tradeoff too high a price. The whole prospect of TR working properly is very exciting! if you need a hand to beta test it, i'd be glad to donate some help if needed np, though i'm sure you have it undercontrol..
Uh, VOIP is just as unfair as TrackIR.
TF6049 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #40
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
If we can make it work, we'll be including it in PR. We won't trade off Punkbuster support for TrackIR support, but if we can get it working and not screw up PB I'll be buying a TrackIR hehe. Always loved those things, but have never owned one.
Haha. I'm glad this thread popped up. I've debated long and hard over whether or not to get TIR. So far I've said no, thinking that since only one of my two games uses it (ArmA), I can't justify the expenditure. But if PR supported it, I'd definitely buy it.

Forgive me for being an incredibly stupid n00b, but doesn't PR use a different anti-hacker service from vBF2? I thought we used PunkBusted as opposed to PunkBuster or something like that? Maybe some evil elves whispered that in my ear during one of my more recent flashbacks or something. But if it is true, would it be possible to contact PB (whether "er" or "ed") about removing that limitation for PR?

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
add, support, track