project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: would you like to see trackIR support in Reality
OH YEAH!! bring it on 38 51.35%
Bah! you wouldn't catch me flying in the air.. 3 4.05%
whats track IR? 15 20.27%
don't care 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
tupla_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
If someone posts ho it was made to work we'll take a look at it.
Check here http://forum.naturalpoint.com/showth...true#Post25478
Someone's trying to contact you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tupla_s is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #12
krekc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (in a Charlton Heston @ the end of planet of the apes stylee) Sooooo flipping gutted, I missed that post, what an unmerciful kick in the stones, it get's punkbustered, talkabout depressed.. would be pretty cool in PR_Single Player though..

'Never in the field of human contact has so much been fired at so many by so few' - Apache Helicopter pilot Steve James
krekc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
El_Vikingo

You still need to hold down CTRL.

You can set up a fake TrackerIR with a webcam, some filter, and a diode, and then use mouse emulation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM   #14
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperMAC
Wow, thats cool. But wouldnt it be more annoying to have to turn your head away from the screen when wanting to look at a certain direction?
You can make it (for example) that a 20 degree turn in real life=90 degrees in the game.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #15
TF6049

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB] TRIggS
For people who dont know what it is. It is a device that tracks the motion of your head and sends that info to your computer. Turn your head left, the virtual character's vision turns left. This allows you to see alot more and offers a free look around without pressing any buttons.
Youtube

As for adding it. While it is a nice thing to have, I dont think too many people in this community have it. If it is put in, keep it in SP.
SWEEEEEEEET! If we include the helmet-mounted sights that allow you to lock onto enemies just by looking at them, that will make my day.

TF6049 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 AM   #16
TF6049

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Dang it!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
TF6049

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DVB] TRIggS
For people who dont know what it is. It is a device that tracks the motion of your head and sends that info to your computer. Turn your head left, the virtual character's vision turns left. This allows you to see alot more and offers a free look around without pressing any buttons.
Youtube

As for adding it. While it is a nice thing to have, I dont think too many people in this community have it. If it is put in, keep it in SP.
If it is put in, keep it in MP.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 AM   #18
acadiancrusader
Send a message via AIM to acadiancrusader Send a message via MSN to acadiancrusader Send a message via Yahoo to acadiancrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo

You can set up a fake TrackerIR with a webcam, some filter, and a diode, and then use mouse emulation.
yup, i'm making one. gonna be sweet for ArmA, but also for Insurgency! woot!!
acadiancrusader is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #19
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Spearhead Send a message via MSN to Spearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
Your getting this information from where ?
Yes it is hardcoded I was communicating with the TIR (Track IR) developers on this subject last summer. It depends on the BF2 devs (i.e. DICE) to implement this. So if you want to shout for TIR support you need to ask them. But do not get your hopes up. The TIR developers tried to have them implement it to no avail.

TIR would also just benefit the Pilots in a limited way since you needed to do too much work for implementing it for infantry at this point. Also the pilot's view limits within the cockpit are so limited in vBF2 that it would be really irritating to use TIR. This could be changed by a mod AFIK but as stated in the 1st paragraph no mod team can do anything about this problem...

EDIT: Seems someone hacked together a 6DOF tech demo in BF2 recently. The main problem with that is the trouble it seems to give PB. So we may have reached a dead end again.
Last edited by Spearhead; 06-29-2007 at 05:43 AM..
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 AM   #20
Desertfox

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nElijjwP2L0

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
add, support, track