project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #21
gerardnm
Send a message via Yahoo to gerardnm

.......BF2 ish?
gerardnm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #22
Red Halibut
Supporting Member

Wattershed, I suppose that's a fair point, and getting down of my high horse for a moment, I do like the idea of getting rid of the point requirement. I suppose what I am trying to say is that there are many good Squad Leaders and commanders here who nevertheless do not have the ability to play the 50hours a week necessary.

The problem of course is that - as you rightly said - in lowering the requirements you also increase the number of people with any given rank. I suppose that whatever method you choose there will be some method of "abuse".

It's a shame there was no way to measure a person's "attitude" in the game. You know, tie rank into the teamwork score as a proportion of overall score; as a "teamwork ratio" instead of a wins/losses ratio. This means that people who don't play for the team will never get a high rank, regardless of how much they play, whereas relative newcomers with the right "attitude" will rise up through the ranks.

It would make the calculations more difficult, but at the end of the day it's just arithmetic - something computers excel at.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the responsibility of a defender to leave the objective unguarded just so his opponent sucks less."
Red Halibut is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #23
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattershed
To start out.. If this should be possible, you cannot ever change teams or something similar (maybe just be able to change the first 10 minutes), and the rounds last around 1 hour.
No.

I play with my friends and the MEDI guys all the time and it would ruin it if we were restricted from joining my friends.

I can already imagine sitting on TS waiting for someone to leave the right team so that when i connect I join the one i want.
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

We dont need ranks in PR for pubbing. If you want ranks, go the PR tournament and you will be assigned ranks based on your responsability required and experience. As far as i can see ranks are based on reputation on the public servers. Those people on voip and who like being SL, do so and stick at it. Those players soon get recognised as regulars. I often hear the tourney SL's i play with inviting some very good teamplayers to the tourney.

If you are very good at teamwork, be a SL or a commander and make your experience count. We need no other ranks for public play. Aside from helicopter and perhaps flight-skill tokens i can't see any reason for them.

Too many people who can't fly still try to practice on pubic servers, same goes for the one-man tank drivers without voip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #25
Wattershed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickO
No.

I play with my friends and the MEDI guys all the time and it would ruin it if we were restricted from joining my friends.

I can already imagine sitting on TS waiting for someone to leave the right team so that when i connect I join the one i want.
Read all the posts. We said that we only need to stick with the auto balancer that is present at the moment.
Wattershed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #26
Wattershed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpowder
We dont need ranks in PR for pubbing. If you want ranks, go the PR tournament and you will be assigned ranks based on your responsability required and experience. As far as i can see ranks are based on reputation on the public servers. Those people on voip and who like being SL, do so and stick at it. Those players soon get recognised as regulars. I often hear the tourney SL's i play with inviting some very good teamplayers to the tourney.

If you are very good at teamwork, be a SL or a commander and make your experience count. We need no other ranks for public play. Aside from helicopter and perhaps flight-skill tokens i can't see any reason for them.

Too many people who can't fly still try to practice on pubic servers, same goes for the one-man tank drivers without voip.
We currently have ranking for pub. A bad one. We need to come up with a better ranking if we are too keep ranking at all.

Ranking in the tourney is lovley, it can shurley stay that way there! But we need something in public servers!

I think we should keep ranking as long as its making the players more teamwork oriented and bring the team workers from vBF2 (W/L only the real promoter..).

I want my suggestion to be in the game because, who doesn't like that fuzzy feeling when you get a hard to get rank or award? I would like to see how the players in my team usually play, if they make the team win alot, if they are experianced squadleader or trusty squadmembers. I know that the system wont allways work. But why shun it only because you know BF2 got ruined by it? This is a whole new way of ranking!

I hope to see this game as realistic as it can be! That you will respect a highly ranked officer and obay his commands! That you see who on your side are veterans and witch one you should stick by! The reasons are endless!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #27
Airborne91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo Hunter
the US has no Field Marshall.
I don't know the US equivelant to the field marshall in the UK military, though i'm sure it's an 'X' star general
actually it's the 5-star general. I.E. Army:General of the army, Marine Corps:General of the Marine Corps, Air Force:General of the Air Force, Navy: Admiral of the Navy instead of field marshall. It is only issued during wartime and only two generals have ever attained this rank, President (General) Eisenhower. and General Bradley (for whom the bradly fighting vehicle is named for) and both attained General of the Army during WWII

"If you see me comin' ya better step aside, a lot of men didn't and a lot of men died. With one fist of iron and the other of steel if the right one don't get ya then the left one will."

IGN:J_N_Smith

Support our troops in Iraq and Afganistan
Airborne91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:07 PM   #28
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpowder
We dont need ranks in PR for pubbing.
Disagree.
A big problem I have with playing .6 OB is that you cant tell newbie and experienced player apart.
Wattershed, your ideas are good, and dont forget that no matter how well done a ranking is, people will still find ways to exploit it.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #29
El_Vikingo

Problems trying to be commander, when you get someone who has just logged on for the first time.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #30
Wattershed

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]bosco
Disagree.
A big problem I have with playing .6 OB is that you cant tell newbie and experienced player apart.
Wattershed, your ideas are good, and dont forget that no matter how well done a ranking is, people will still find ways to exploit it.
I'm aware of that, but what would you rather like? vBF2 ranking style or my style? I know that mine isnt exploit free, but its surly more secure than the "earn ranks by raping spawnpoint" or "go to a corner of the map and jsut pad with the shockpaddels"

In vBf2 you exploited the system to get to the unlocks faster. Dont think that the exploiting is anywhere near the vanilla... I dont know where im going with this

But do you guys think that my version of ranking is good and worth implementing it in the Game? I sure think its good and worth it Come with suggestion if your not quite happy with the requirements!

Tags
future, kind, prs, ranks