Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   PR:BF2 Suggestions (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions)
-   -   Spent cartriges. (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-pr-bf2-suggestions/23291-spent-cartriges.html)

Brummy 06-27-2007 11:35 AM

Maybe for a few seconds, but definitely not for a few minutes.

Hawk_345 06-27-2007 12:07 PM

yes, to much lag, we were talking about this over at battlefield korea when testing the beta, but the thing is that when you have everyone shooting the guns and cartridges going all over the place, sooner or later the polys will add up to tanks, planes, and trucks, creating alot of lag, so you can extend the time to maybe at the most a min, but thats pointless, so why do it.

mammikoura 06-27-2007 12:18 PM

why is it pointless? It looks cool, and though that doesn't sound like it's really important but small stuff like this make the game better.

Maybe just make them stay for 1 or 2 mins and see how it affects lag, or then make it so that with low graphics they disappear instantly. (that is possible to do, right?)

El_Vikingo 06-27-2007 01:46 PM

The cases disappear instantly now, dont they?

Maybe 10-20 seconds would be better?
But who spends their time looking down?

Im not crapping on this suggestion, for those of you who have been for a few weeks, and think its all I do (Viperghost).

Its just for people who come on a complain about performance and how shit the mod is because of that problem, it might not be such a good idea after all.

UKARMYCADET 06-27-2007 04:52 PM

well im only suggesting a few mins on the floor. As long as the corpses last for example. Shove the idea in the next open Beta if everyone crys because of lag take it out.

If anyone does know how to turn the time they stay on the floor up can you please tell me, so i can do it myself if it does not get officially implemented.

Cheers guys.
UKARMYCADET

77SiCaRiO77 06-27-2007 04:56 PM

are you saying thaT a few bullets that only apeear when you are at 3 or less meters will cause more lag than 3 smoke granades ?

:rolleyes:

Taffy 06-27-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKARMYCADET
OK people have mentioned this before, but when they do the answer is usually "let them work on the bigger more important things first." But i have been playing PR since 0.2 and it still is'nt on.

They still got more important things to worry about...?

youm0nt 06-27-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
Think about it. Lets take a typical firefight between 2 6 man squads. Assume they have a support weapon. They'll probubly expend half a magazine or more worth of ammo, thats 15 cases per guy with a rifle, plus probubly around 75+ rounds for the support weapon if he's firing in bursts to suppress the enemy. Thats 300 cartrage cases per firefight. Now make that 10 6 man squads (5 per side on a 64 player server, more or less) continually exchanging fire. Thats a lot of cases, meaning a lot of polys, meaning a lot of lag.

Also, add in weapons like the minigun, vulcan AA gun and the quad barrel ack-ack gun. They spit out ammo and so cases like theres no tomorrow.

Yeah, imagine x amount APCs firing the main gun, x amount of machine guns firing, and x amount of players firing handheld weapons. That would equal so much shell cases it's not even funny, lol.

Xmaster 06-27-2007 05:07 PM

Id rather have a bunch of new cool features such as mortars and whatnot than stupid shell casing lying on the ground.

my 0.02$

mammikoura 06-27-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmaster
Id rather have a bunch of new cool features such as mortars and whatnot than stupid shell casing lying on the ground.

my 0.02$

mortar thingys probably take hundreds of manhours to do. (just a guess)
This thing might take around 30mins if it really is just a value that you need to tweak in one file.