project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
Danthesandman

Default para trooper spawn drop

Now a few things before i get into this. 1. I know this has been mentioned before but i went to get my idea out. 2. I wish to refreash this subjuct. and 3. Looking at other threads I think my idea is pretty good.

Now I have noticed how we have the new bunker's and firebases which can be placed by the commander and built by infantry. I have also noticed we have paratroopers on "airport" Now i ask. Can we combine these to together to create a Paratrooper drop?

The way it could work is that commander can set down a para drop anywhere he wants which will have a lengthy time limit. it will show up on the map and your side can spawn on it. but the have to wiat for 90 secs and before that they had 15 secs to get in line. so about i say 2 squads (12 inf) get into the "plane" before 15 secs runs out, then wait 90 secs for the plane to get to the battle. The trops in line get let out around the location but its extremly high and their shoots are deployed strait away. this could be for behind enemy lines on large maps and it wont be that unfair because they cannot request any kits so theres no rally points hidden.

Dont be harsh. I just wanted to see wat people think. I love the Parashoot but its only a "screwed already but i might get back after half the game"
Danthesandman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
mammikoura

well it's pretty much the same idea that has been suggested before...

And I don't really like it, paradropping into the middle of a firefight isn't really a realistic idea. (well at least according to my understanding)
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Danthesandman

well obviously. You'd be a stupid commander to drop them over the middle. im saying back in a quiet place away from the fire. also they cant have weapons on the way down. exept knife and maybe pistol. its just shooting ducks if they drop them in a gun fight or close to enemy troops.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

try the map airport in v0.5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #5
Danthesandman

Yes i Know that it has paratroopers, but last i checked an army cant come out of the same position in the air in a steady stream. at least make it timed in clusters so it seems like a plane is passing over every couple of minutes.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

I have a few questions and I am not flaming your idea.
1. Why is everyone so fascinated by paratroopers ?
--> 1a. Is it because of Band of Brothers ?

2. Are you aware that paratroopers have failed to achieve their mission almost every time they have been used ?

3. Are there any current plans to use paratroopers in any numbers on the modern or future battlefield. ( I mean at least brigade size drops - not SEAL HALO/HAHO )
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

And they would need parachutes, or else they would fall down like a brick.
And if they have no weapons, whats the use anyways? Charging with M9 on the frontlines?

When they used paratroopers in WW2, the forces that landed on D-Day, had to search for them in the first days, cos they got lost
Remember the movie Saving Private Ryan...

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #8
Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry

2. Are you aware that paratroopers have failed to achieve their mission almost every time they have been used ?
like?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #9
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

Don't forget Operation Market Garden or the Fallschrimjäger's drop in the Unternehmen: Wacht am Rhein.

EDIT: post lag..... there are those two and I'm sure there were others.

I'm not saying that vertical envelopment has no place at all on the modern battlefield but it is pretty limited these days.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #10
El_Vikingo

Commander placed Paradrops were suggested 3 or 4 weeks back.

Band of Brothers is set in 1942-45, this is the 21st century.

No F4z+r0pez aren't possible, or atleast the Devs want us to believe so, maybe a surprise for v1.0.

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
drop, para, spawn, trooper