project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
KomradePedrovsk

Default AASv2 - Got confused between HQ messages and the map in loading screen

Hey there. I have a small question regarding the AASv2 mode. I was playing Operation Phoenix tonight as USMC. We captured both Train and Suburb, so orders were to defend both but at the same time attack Construction Site.

According to HQ orders our orders changed to Attack Construction Site + River Village as soon as Construction Site was white. So I thought "Okay, so now all we have to care about is Construction Site and River Village, they won't be taking Train or Suburbs". But actually, even after we finished capturing Construction Site, both of them had just turned white, so we were forced to go back.

I was a bit confused since HQ didn't say to defend them, but that was until I took a better look at the map in the loading screen, making more sense that they would be at least be able to white them, since River Village was connected to Suburb and Train (they wouldn't be able to capture them while we had Const. Site, right?).

Well my question is basically why isn't there an HQ message saying to defend Suburb and Train until we have River Village? Even though they can't capture it they can white it, which unables us to capture River Village, so I guess it's importante. Is it because of an engine limitation?

It's not that I'm worried about it myself now, since from now on I'll be paying more attention to map in loading screen besides HQ messages. But since I didn't find any relevant info regarding this way of how the AASv2 system works in the PR wiki (besides HQ messages). I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to add more info so it's more detailed for newbies.

Thanks
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Teek
Supporting Member

ehhh, IMHO the MEC should not be able to recap train and suburbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

It does say, what to defend and attack on other maps...
Well, Op Phoenix isnt going to be included in 0.6 anyway

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

ye the map loading screens where done for the first public release version of 0.5, then there was a server update that changed the AAS order for balancing reasons. Now we have the Open Beta going this should not happen again as we can get enough players on every map to work out the balance of every map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We are also no longer using text messages and the in game map shows your current objective(s).

I dunno if we'll continue with the AAS order on teh map loading screens cuz it's tedious to produce and gets out of date quickly.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
Filamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
We are also no longer using text messages and the in game map shows your current objective(s).

I dunno if we'll continue with the AAS order on teh map loading screens cuz it's tedious to produce and gets out of date quickly.
NO, let them be. Need them when im planning, need 40 sec more to plan. Those 90 secs are too little
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aasv2, confused, loading, map, messages, screen