project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
[502nd] Tonitrus

Default Physics/ Flt Model on Attack Helos

I was wondering if Admin would unlock the thread regarding 'Attack Helicopters' I have a request that requires feedback.

It's regarding a slight alteration in the flight model of the lighter Attack helos, i.e. The Cobra: -

Can you create a 'trim' for the rotors in attacking in a 'nose down' attitude situation to inhibit/delay dive momentum?

Not so much at incremental/stages, but a fixed low-level percentage to allow an slight or significant pitch down nose attitude when attacking ground targets?

Realistically, the cobra can trim up to 35degrees nosedown attitude thus removing the glideslope/dive vs AoA we all have succummed to one time or another.

Do you see what i mean?
.MAik.

When in Doubt, send in the SAS...and his mate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[502nd] Tonitrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Taffy

So basically u want the attack chopper to have the angle of a dive, but remain hovering? Don't see how that'd work. Surely when the take that angle, the blades would push you in that direction, regardless of trim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
It'd be more popular than PR, cuz itd appeal to the noob-spraying, team-killing, bunny-hopping, jet-crashing, team-swapping retards that belong in vanilla BF2.
Neutraliser of 1 spam bot.
Taffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

i under stand this

basically changing the angle whilst holdinmg speed and altitude with out diving or anything

good idea me thinks.

E: the swash plate allows pivoting of the whole main rotor assembly so this would be realistic.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
[502nd] Tonitrus

Absolutely,

I have only flown Gazzelle,R22's and R44's. The trim on an attack helo is far superior to civilian aircraft.
Granted, the helicopter will begin a descent based on the nose attitude. The trim will delay the accelleration arc ,thus, slowing the dive.

I'm glad you understand, however, It may be too sim for other to comprehend. The main idea/use is to maintain altitude (not so much forward motion) so that attacking ground is realistic.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

or so you don't speed up or dig holes in the floor.

ofp managed to do a fairly decent representation of this.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
[502nd] Tonitrus

You will speed up eventually, but the digging holes factor will be prevented somewhat. It wont make the flight model easier, it will aid the ground attack attribute.

I am relatively new to the mod so if this has been discussed previously i apologise. Having studied Avionics i was hoping to put a little of this into my new favourite mod!

Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

I completaly agree with this
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
HellDuke

This is a nice idea, but as i see few understand it... However i am alost certain that such a thing would be called: hardcoded
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
[502nd] Tonitrus

Technically it would be.
If you could assign a key +/ve and a key -/ve. Then you could assign Your Joystick hat (up and down) to toggle trim at set values.(up=30% pitch for NDA*)AND(down for -30% NA*)

Trim tabs on most rotary winged aircraft is located at the base of grip on cyclic stick and is controlled (as a wheel) with the pilot's little finger.

It may not be possible at all to map this code.

*NDA=Nose Down Attitude
*NA= Nose Attitude

Last edited by [502nd] Tonitrus; 06-13-2007 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #10
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

Sorry but I really don't think this kind of thing would be possible with the BF2 engine. You might be able to angle the nose and then have a key to keep the helicopter hovering whilst moving, but I seriously doubt DICE have a feature like that.

Nice suggestion though.

eddie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, flt, helos, model, physics or