project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Danthesandman

Default Bloody grenades!

Who has ever been in a situation where your attacking a flag from behind a wall. as you duck back you hear that sound that strikes fear into the most hidden of infantry. "GRANADE" then you see it plonk right down infront of your face. "if only I could throw it back..."

Well this is PR and you should be allowed to throw a granade back. I know the coding and engine would be a b!tch but come on. pick it up like a kit and then have it thrown the second you get it without you chosing when. that would be so freakn funny.
Danthesandman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
TexLax

hard coded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TexLax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

ye we would like to do things like that, but it is not possible with the BF2 engine, hard coded stuff that we can not change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
daranz

I doubt you'd pick up a live grenade in real life, in most situations. The safest thing is to run away from it, considering that you have no way of telling when it's going to explode.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Fuse time is 4 seconds, and usually it flies about 3 secs, so you can only see, that its in front of your feet..rest is history

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Fuse time is 4 seconds, and usually it flies about 3 secs, so you can only see, that its in front of your feet..rest is history
ye realistically, the only thing you could do in that time period is jump on the nade if you are brave enough too, but ingame no one would care about there own like they would in a r/l situation like that and I doubt it could be coded, but might be possible.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 AM   #7
loyalguard

In RL we were taught that the best chance you had to survive if you saw a grenade in your proximity was to dive to the ground, feet towards the grenade (i.e. head pointing away), arms by your side (arms over your head exposes the flanks of your body).

The rationale is that a grenade on the ground will explode mostly upwards in a conical blast (the ground below it directing the blast up), so the more of your body in plane with the grenade, the better. Picking it up just increases the risk of having it explode midair which would make a 360 spherical blast. Running away also exposes more of your body to the blast (depending on the distance) so it too may not be ideal.
Last edited by loyalguard; 06-11-2007 at 06:27 AM..
Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #8
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
ye realistically, the only thing you could do in that time period is jump on the nade if you are brave enough too, but ingame no one would care about there own like they would in a r/l situation like that and I doubt it could be coded, but might be possible.
Well, if instaproning on a grenade would affect its splash damage, so it would only kill the guy on it, I'd gladly do it

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 AM   #9
El_Vikingo

Does actually going prone, minimize the effects of the grenade in BF2, or am I just imagining it?

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #10
blackeagle1992
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to blackeagle1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz
I doubt you'd pick up a live grenade in real life, in most situations. The safest thing is to run away from it, considering that you have no way of telling when it's going to explode.
what are you stupid trying to run from a greanade is suicide in real life my father told me that(soviet army experience) what you need to do in that kind of situation is find cover behind every little thing you see cuz a greanade kills up to 8 meters so you wont be able to run away
blackeagle1992 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, grenades