project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #51
HellDuke

You can't throw nades back?!? Don't you watch movies?!? (joke)

When in face with death ppl just get a mental block and can't remember prety much anything and rely on instinct wich in that situation probably says either "Run away" "Throw the nade back" or most likely "Pray to you false gods for mercy "
HellDuke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #52
blackeagle1992
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to blackeagle1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow*
Do you understand the difference between fragmentation radius and 100% leathal area ?
no
blackeagle1992 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #53
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow
I am no expert but human nature and the fact that when you get surprised there are delays in these type of situations equals a bad outcome. The fact that we can't "cook" gernades in BF2 leads people to the idea that IRL you could throw gernades back.
The USMC MOUT field manual directs Marines never to "cook off" grenades unless the are very experienced experts in their use. It seems to imply that most Marines would not be considered sufficiently "expert".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow
I think if a gernade lands close enough to you to kill you it doesn't matter what you do. The best bet would be to lay prone with feet towards it as suggested.
No no, everybody know the correct protocol is to insert head between legs and apply pressure with lips to the end of kissing your ass goodbye.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #54
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP*wasteland.soldier
No no, everybody know the correct protocol is to insert head between legs and apply pressure with lips to the end of kissing your ass goodbye.
LMAO..whats left of it

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #55
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Yes, you're right. Unless the explosive charge wasn't completely combusted yet. The fragments begin to move outward when the charge is first detonated. As the reaction occurs, fragments are already moving outward. So if the fragments reach the helmet before the reaction is completed, those fragments may still be accelerating.

It's the same principle that causes barrel length to influence muzzle velocity in many cases.
ahh, thats true. i just figured a grenade was kinda like.. boom. not booo-oooo--oooom (exaggerated) cool though. i never really thought about how that applied to barrels though, thanks! so in the barrel, the blast keeps the power behind the bullet longer instead of a short barrel reaching the end and just shooting the power/blast out the sides? thats cool... learn somethin' new every day...

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #56
Wasteland

Right. But it all depends on the charge used. If it's a very fast-burning charge, the round may not have left the barrel by the time the charge is combusted to the point where there is no longer force acting on the round. If you've got muzzle-flash occurring though, that's a sure indicator that you could do with a longer barrel.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:06 PM   #57
Long Bow

Quote:
The USMC MOUT field manual directs Marines never to "cook off" grenades unless the are very experienced experts in their use. It seems to imply that most Marines would not be considered sufficiently "expert".

Hmm very interesting and LOL to the second part. I would imagine after the years of BF2 combat I have seen I would be considered an expert in a variety of military skill sets I still think your f**k'd if a gernade lands close to you and it hasn't been cooked off a bit
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bloody, grenades