project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #21
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
there is more than one insurgant group in the world you know? Our flag represents them all
Your flag represents Chechz Rebels!

pWnt

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #22
SGT.JOKER

Send a message via AIM to SGT.JOKER

i would like to see the insurgent flag from SF used in PR to

SGT.JOKER>FTW<(Fight To Win) In Game
Just getting back in the game
Riflemen, SAW Gunner, Grenaider.

SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 AM   #23
Waliwalu

Why does this matter so much to you guys? 80% of the time the flag is underground anyway. I think this idea has no merit.
Waliwalu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #24
KomradePedrovsk

What do you mean underground? It does appear on the map and hud though.
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #25
Waliwalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomradePedrovsk
What do you mean underground? It does appear on the map and hud though.
Most of the time, when I walk up to a flag it's hidden underground, albeit there are some above. I guess I just don't pay attention to the hud, and on the map, I just look for either a white flag or our flag.
Waliwalu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #26
Artnez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidpants
As far as I can tell, every insurgent or militia force could conceivably be radically Muslim or a radical splinter group (even the european/Russian guys could be either Chechen or Serbian radicals), so i don't think a black flag with Shahada on it would be out of place. On another note, I would love to see an MEC vs. Insurgent map; that'd be an interesting match up to me.

But just a black rectangle would be more appropriate to me than the catchall Fist With Knife On Red.
You don't want to turn this into a western vs muslim mod.

The insurgents are middle eastern insurgents *not* muslim insurgents. Although I agree that the chances of insurgents in the middle east being muslim are high, I still think that making them as an "assumed faction" is very not cool.

If we were portraying a real life conflict (ie: bosnia, chechnya, iraq, etc) - we could use the armies that participated in that conflict and i wouldn't complain.

But assuming that insurgents will be a certain religion is something that can give PR some very bad press or much worse. Let's stay out of that ballpark.
Artnez is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #27
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artnez.com
The insurgents are middle eastern insurgents *not* muslim insurgents.
When a insurgent throws a molotove cocktail he shouts "Allah Wackbar", that pretty much states that they're muslims.
ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
nidpants

Quote:

The insurgents are middle eastern insurgents *not* muslim insurgents. Although I agree that the chances of insurgents in the middle east being muslim are high, I still think that making them as an "assumed faction" is very not cool.

If we were portraying a real life conflict (ie: bosnia, chechnya, iraq, etc) - we could use the armies that participated in that conflict and i wouldn't complain.

But assuming that insurgents will be a certain religion is something that can give PR some very bad press or much worse. Let's stay out of that ballpark.
Agreed, it's a sensitive issue and should be treated delicately. I'd rather leave it like vBF2 than piss people off. But if the flag in some way portrayed that they're Muslim, which the current crescent-and-star does anyway, I'd prefer it to feel less contrived than the Islamic Cuba flag we have now.

I don't think assuming that an insurgent faction is Muslim is offensive, nor do I find it offensive that they're proud of that.
nidpants is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 PM   #29
KomradePedrovsk

Quote:

Have you already seen the green flag with the crescent in the 2nd page? That's an official Insurgent flag from the BF2:Special Forces expansion pack.

I haven't seen EA/Dice getting in very bad press for that, so why not use that one, or at least use a different one to differentiate from the Militia? I see no reason not to.

Also that green flag with the crescent is already in the game in the Insurgents' pouches.
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:40 AM   #30
Russkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino

that is the BF2:SF insurgants flag on the map.
Yes, that flag. Why wasn't that the flag chosen for the Insurgents in PR, rather than the Chechnyan Rebel flag? After all they are both from the same source, the BF2 Special Forces exp pack, but used for different armies.
Russkie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, insurgents