project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
youm0nt

vBF2 flags for:
MEC Special Forces

Insurgents

Rebels

PR Flags for:
Insurgents and Militia

That should clear up any confusion...
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt
vBF2 flags for:
MEC Special Forces

Insurgents

Rebels

PR Flags for:
Insurgents and Militia

That should clear up any confusion...
Well in game the PR insurgent flags always make me think of a Battlestar Galactica Viper on a red foreground

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play : http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
TayloR016

I'd rather have the BF2 SF insurgent flag for the insurgents tbh the 1 that they have now doesn't match the 1 on their uniform which is the bf2 SF 1
TayloR016 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #14
Raniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saobh
Well in game the PR insurgent flags always make me think of a Battlestar Galactica Viper on a red foreground
You didn't know ? The insurgents are great fans of Battlestar Galactica, in fact they are fighting to have it TV
But the evil Americans are trying to stop them, they want them to have Startrek, but insurgents don't like startrek...

Last edited by Raniak; 05-26-2007 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
blud

Yeah I think it would be awesome if the insurgents used the SF insurgents flag. Especially since now in 0.6 we have 2 totally different armies using the same flag
blud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
KomradePedrovsk

I don't think the Insurgents in PR represent all the insurgent groups in the world, but just the insurgent groups in the Middle East.

Since this is the case (as we can see from the maps they are on, what they wear, weapons they use, language etc.) I am in for the SF Insurgents flag, which would have been the logical choice since green simbolizes Islamic religion I think.

The red flag with the black sword should represent the Militia now.
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 AM   #17
blud

Yeah it's especially weird now that the militia and the insurgents have the same flag
blud is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #18
Russkie

Yeah too bad they didn't change it in 0.6. I know it's a very small thing I'm fussy when it comes to small details such as these .

I don't think the red flag with black sword fits Middle Eastern Insurgents. The flag reminds me of Red Faction, it just doesn't fit.

Also it doesn't make sense for an Eastern European Militia to have the same flag as Middle Eastern Insurgents, since they have no affiliations with each other.

Just put in the Insurgent green flag with black crescent from SF! It's the same that is on the Insurgents' backpacks.

Or... use the old design, which seemed better, although it doesn't show which colour it would be. Check EA's site on BF2:SF's armies and look at the 3rd flag counting from the right. That's what the Insurgents flag was supposed to look like. Looks like a Crescent Moon and Star with which looks like a scimitar under it. I think it looks much more fitting, it's not representing any particular Insurgent group, but just a fictional one that represents Insurgents from Middle East, just like the MEC flag represents a Middle Eastern army.

What do you think?
Russkie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #19
nidpants

As far as I can tell, every insurgent or militia force could conceivably be radically Muslim or a radical splinter group (even the european/Russian guys could be either Chechen or Serbian radicals), so i don't think a black flag with Shahada on it would be out of place. On another note, I would love to see an MEC vs. Insurgent map; that'd be an interesting match up to me.

But just a black rectangle would be more appropriate to me than the catchall Fist With Knife On Red.
nidpants is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #20
KomradePedrovsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidpants
As far as I can tell, every insurgent or militia force could conceivably be radically Muslim or a radical splinter group (even the european/Russian guys could be either Chechen or Serbian radicals), so i don't think a black flag with Shahada on it would be out of place. On another note, I would love to see an MEC vs. Insurgent map; that'd be an interesting match up to me.

But just a black rectangle would be more appropriate to me than the catchall Fist With Knife On Red.
I think so too. Anything different than the actual flag would be welcome.
KomradePedrovsk is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flags, insurgents