project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
VipersGhost

Default New Scopes/View Distance- Will all weapons have bullet drop now?

Just wondering with all of the new enhancements...will all the weapons have bullet drop now that you can shoot at a realistic range? Was always annoying to be sniping only to see a dude on your left at long range insta-kill you because his gun is LAZER accurate G3 with no bullet drop.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

There has always been bullet drop, I notice it a lot as it is. Its very minimal, but at longer range it should be more significant.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
Just wondering with all of the new enhancements...will all the weapons have bullet drop now that you can shoot at a realistic range? Was always annoying to be sniping only to see a dude on your left at long range insta-kill you because his gun is LAZER accurate G3 with no bullet drop.
1. All weapons have the same bullet drop so I'm guessing this magical G3 man was god

2. Yes, you will be able to engage at realistic range in 0.6........I'm not saying there's a bullet drop change....but I'm not saying there isn't......I'm just being a good little tester boy^_^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Dylan
There has always been bullet drop, I notice it a lot as it is. Its very minimal, but at longer range it should be more significant.
I am assuming this is being changed for gameplay reasons then, IRL EVERYTHING accelerates at ~9.81m/s^2 at the earths surface because of gravity. (I can explain further if you want)
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Can you guys not use the search button before posting? There is bullet drop already in BF2 and its calculated internally. You hardly notice anything, most of the time, because engagement distances are fairly close in range.

-Ghost

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
oS2007

This is why they made "Assault Rifles".
oS2007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
lonelyjew

There is bullet drop though it's hard to tell unless you're using a scoped weapon. If you really want to see the bullet drop get in a tank, zoom in, and fire to .50cal. You can actually see the tracers arc at longer ranges. It's also pretty evident when using a sniper rifle in that if you don't adjust for bullet drop you'll never hit anything at long range.

With all that said you've been here more than long enough to know how to search Viper so next time, to avoid looking like an idiot, use it so you don't end up suggesting something that is already in the game.

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #8
arthuro12

i always noticed bulletdrop and travel time in vBF2 and PR, normaly i set up a TS with a friend and he will be my spotter in vBF2 (its kool..)

Possibly the sexiest member alive.. I want to tickle your prostate
arthuro12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
Smitty4212

There's been bullet drop since vBF2.

I remember using the G36 support weapon firing from South whatever, to the South East base across the bridge and with the tracers (and because you could tell if you hit someone with the X) you had to aim VERY high. I actually think they OVERDID bullet drop in that case.
Smitty4212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
El_Vikingo

were there Binos in BF2v?!

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, distance, drop, scopes or view, weapons