project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #21
Sneak Attack

Send a message via MSN to Sneak Attack

as of now the .50s really suck alot.

1) the iron sights on all the .50s except the M2 eather dont work or are a joke and make absolutly no sense in there design and dont work. the chinese .50 iron sites dont work and the bullets dont go where i aim. and the MEC .50 sights just dont make any sense and is probably the worst iron sight ever devised by man kind.

2) super inaccurate. the first shot from all of the .50s should be spot on every time, only after you start shooting up a storm should they get a little wrestles sense the car is shaking all over.

3) they suck at KILLING. whenever i use the .50 its usually to keep dudes ducking, and last time i used it i kept some guys over the crest of a hill but random guys would stick out or try to run and i would shoot them in the chest and leg. which should pretty much vaporize them...but......it just left them wounded so they just revived and went for cover. GAY. if i shoot you anywhere with a .50 you are done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #22
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

.50's are more accurate and i know that wounding people with .50's is total bullshit because they die instantly, no matter where you hit them. It's set in stone in the code. You probably got some bad hit detection which is something we don't have much control over.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #23
Copy_of_Blah

No kidding?! It really doesn't /feel/ like it. I'm going to go back and try it tonight.
How about the rate of fire?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Copy_of_Blah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
sekiryu

The Chinese and MEC don't use .50s....they have 7.62x54r PKMs.......

BTW, .50 is the same as 12.7mm

I never use mounted weapons--I never really use vehicles either though.

sekiryu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #25
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekiryu
The Chinese and MEC don't use .50s....they have 7.62x54r PKMs.......

BTW, .50 is the same as 12.7mm

I never use mounted weapons--I never really use vehicles either though.
The MEC have 12.7x109mm Kords, not PKMs.

And I think the PLA have DshKMs, but what ever they are, they're definetly 12.7mm guns.

Oh, and people usually use .50 and 12.7 to destinguish between the 12.7x99mm BMG (.50) and 12.7x109mm Russian (12.7mm)

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #26
sekiryu

I could have sworn the guns on the MEC "minivans" were PKMs.....maybe I'm thinking of BF2 and not PR.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #27
Sneak Attack

Send a message via MSN to Sneak Attack

no, they have always been .50s

and wounding is not total bull shit, go try it yourself. i shot the same guy like 3 or 4 times and he got revived each time.
and ".50's are more accurate" alot more accurate then me throwing a stone at 100 yards with my eyes closed?
alot more accurate then a G3
alote more accurate then what?!?. just telling me there more accurate does no good. and there not very accurate at distance, especially with the random iron sights that look absolutely nothing like iron sights and just plain old miss the concept of iron sights.

US and PLA iron sights are ok (except that the PLA iron sights dont go where it says the bullets are going to go) but the MEC Kord iron sights are just worthless. theres no sight on the back of the gun to line up with, its just a random stick poking out of the top of the barrel. and it has a V in the middle so you dont know if you are support to put your target in the bottom of the V or the top, but it doesnt really matter anyway because the gun is so inaccurate bullets go everywhere inside the V.

Sneak Attack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
workingrobbie

*cackles* I love your rants, Sneak Attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
I understand you're new to the forums... so your "Castle Fortress" would be just...(how can I say this without getting banned...?) not good?
workingrobbie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #29
sekiryu

You're supposed to line up the front post so that the top of the post is level with the top of the V, like with the AK47. Then your bullets should hit what's on the tip of the front sight post.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 AM   #30
Katarn
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak Attack
and wounding is not total bull shit, go try it yourself. i shot the same guy like 3 or 4 times and he got revived each time.
You should've said critically wounding - in that case yes, it does happen. But it's an added bonus because you get to kill his retarded friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak Attack
and ".50's are more accurate" alot more accurate then me throwing a stone at 100 yards with my eyes closed?
alot more accurate then a G3
alote more accurate then what?!?. just telling me there more accurate does no good. and there not very accurate at distance, especially with the random iron sights that look absolutely nothing like iron sights and just plain old miss the concept of iron sights.

US and PLA iron sights are ok (except that the PLA iron sights dont go where it says the bullets are going to go) but the MEC Kord iron sights are just worthless. theres no sight on the back of the gun to line up with, its just a random stick poking out of the top of the barrel. and it has a V in the middle so you dont know if you are support to put your target in the bottom of the V or the top, but it doesnt really matter anyway because the gun is so inaccurate bullets go everywhere inside the V.
You seem to be in a ranting mood. They are more accurate in v0.6 by quite a bit - they were especially inaccurate when shooting at ranges of over 300m (which is pretty much the max engagment range in PR right now). Of course the iron sights aren't perfect - they weren't meant to be used in the first place - we just place a camera at a position in which the ironsights will prove to be as useful as possible (granted the kords could use some work, it was not really a critical thing). If you have such a problem with the ironsights, use your tracers in the non-ironsighted view.
Katarn is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
127, cal, factor, higher, mgs, suppression