project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
Army Musician

Default BMP-2 and BDRM

I dont whether this has been suggested before. I dont think it has but here goes. As you know the MEC, is a fictional force, but going into reality, they had a strongish, relationship with the Soviet Union, a.k.a Russia, and during the gulf war of 1992, Iraq had these, even though most were destroyed in the invasion 2003, but in the initial, Iraq did have a few of these vehicles in service, although they are now perhaps destroyed. But IMO there are probably more of them in neighbouring countries, such as Iran.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
daranz

I think the problem is that USMC doesn't have a decent IFV in the game right. All we have are APCs. I think the (awesome, mighty, yeah, I know) British have an IFV, so I guess a BMP would be nice counterpart in British vs. MEC maps (do we have those?).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 AM   #3
Cheeseman
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Musician
I dont whether this has been suggested before. I dont think it has but here goes. As you know the MEC, is a fictional force, but going into reality, they had a strongish, relationship with the Soviet Union, a.k.a Russia, and during the gulf war of 1992, Iraq had these, even though most were destroyed in the invasion 2003, but in the initial, Iraq did have a few of these vehicles in service, although they are now perhaps destroyed. But IMO there are probably more of them in neighbouring countries, such as Iran.
Only a few problems; MEC’s are suppose to be a fictional Arab coalition force, while Iranians are Persians. You can't have two of them together as Both Arabs and Persians hate each other. Arabs are Sunni Muslims, while Persians although having a mix of different religions, their government is Shiite Muslim based. One last problem in fitting the Iranians into the MEC group would be the language. Persians speak Farsi and NOT Arabic (like the MEC forces). So unless the Devs decide to add the Iranian Revolutionary Army into the game, then don't expect to see any Iranian BMP-2's even if Iran has them.

FYI. There are quite a few neighboring Arab countries which have BMP-2's. These include:
Syria, Sudan, Kuwait, Jordan...
Last edited by Cheeseman; 05-08-2007 at 04:43 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Is it just me or are all Canadian people really knowledgeable aboot the world? ;P

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Thunder

honestly id let the devs continue with their vision of the MEC forces they know best.
but id really love to see a Soviet style army join the fray later on, but i think thats because i just read Red Storm Rising, and am dribbling over world in Conflict. id would also mean any soviet force introduced would be about 20 years out of date but we can hope can't we.

Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz
I think the problem is that USMC doesn't have a decent IFV in the game right. All we have are APCs. I think the (awesome, mighty, yeah, I know) British have an IFV, so I guess a BMP would be nice counterpart in British vs. MEC maps (do we have those?).
Why does everything have to have a direct equivelent?

Why cant the MEC have something like the BMP-2 while the USMC will have something equally powerful, but different? Hmmm?

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Marley
Why does everything have to have a direct equivelent?

Why cant the MEC have something like the BMP-2 while the USMC will have something equally powerful, but different? Hmmm?
I'm not a fan of balance at all costs, either. The problem is, the current APCs do badly in combat. They're fragile when faced with even light AT, and they're a spawn point, making it desirable for the team to keep them away from the fight. IFVs by definition are supposed to actually provide support to infantrymen after dropping them off. So, do you give one side an APC and a tank, and the other side an IFV. Do you make the armor and healthpoints of both the LAV and BMP similar? Does two IFVs equal one tank? Do you remove the missile launchers from the BMP for the sake of balance?

I'd like to have a BMP, expect I don't know which way to fit it in the game (though it is kinda low, so maybe it could just be wedged in there).

daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
ryan d ale

I thought there might have been plans for a BMP but I'm not bothered, BDRM is enough for Insurgents whilst not being overly powerful.

There are british vs MEC maps (well at least one - airport).

I don't know how often it's done but I've only ever seen Tank HPs being realistic (on ratio) in one game and that was DCX. 1 round from M1 or Challenger takes out T72 (9/10 times) and 3-5 rounds for T72 taking out an M1 or Challenger.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

the armor of a t90 is weakness than a m1a2/challenger , however , his cannon is more pawerfull than abrans ,etc.
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
the armor of a t90 is weakness than a m1a2/challenger , however , his cannon is more pawerfull than abrans ,etc.
nice compensation...never knew that.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bdrm, bmp2