project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
ryan d ale

Default No skill required - R.P.G

I was just in a MP game on TB and in the US LAV.

Anyway an MEC L-AT comes up behind me goes prone and fires and hits me. He wasn't extraordinarily close (which could explain a normal hit). But the suggestion is: only firing AT from crouch and standing (I'm not sure if prone is realistic) and deviation.

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Jonny
PR Server License Moderator

I believe, in reality, that you would fire AT from whatever position you dont get killed in - even prone, no matter how uncomfortable/awkward it is.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

im think this only applies to the insurgents but firing an RPG from standing or even crouching is very inaccurate

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

the rpg of mec will be replaced by an rpg19 i think .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Don't worry, L-AT will be limited in 0.6...so people wont be wasting RPGs on you anymore...just don't come complaining about assault rifles then...

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Don't worry, L-AT will be limited in 0.6...so people wont be wasting RPGs on you anymore...just don't come complaining about assault rifles then...
Just because I noticed it whilst playing... I usually do well enough to not complain

Anyway it's just being able to pull it out and launch it (in a minimal ammount of time) after changing positions too. Standing to prone *fire* no time for adjustments. I could understand if the RPG had a guidance system (but it doesn't)

Project Reality's Official Self-Appointed Anti Tank Guru
Over four years and still not banned

Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)

ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

aiming an RPG prone would be extremely awkward, i dont think you could aim effectively and still maintain a safe firing stance for yourself or those around you.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #8
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny
I believe, in reality, that you would fire AT from whatever position you dont get killed in - even prone, no matter how uncomfortable/awkward it is.
Even if the backblast burned your feet off?

Member of
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #9
Wasteland

You'd have to be laying on your side and firing perpendicular to your body I'd imagine.

Originally Posted by: ArmedDrunk&Angry
we don't live in your fantastical world where you are the super hero sent to release us all from the bondage of ignorance
Originally Posted by: [R-MOD]dunehunter
don't mess with wasteland, a scary guy will drag you into an alleyway and rape you with a baseballbat
Wasteland is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
Guerra norte

The only way you can safely fire a LAW prone is like this:
Guerra norte is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
required, rpg, skill