project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #61
Long Bow

Long Bow's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedDrunk&Angry
Wake up boys and girls, the powers that be have decided to kowtow to certain pressures and that is a trickle down process.
PR can't get sued ( in the US anyway )for what we say in the forums but they are liable for what they put in the game and the perpetually outraged will find out and cause problems.
Nobody wants to see 4-1-07's little joke become a reality.

You make a good point about the pressures being put on the devs and their responsibilites. I agree with what your saying.

101 Bassdrive I don't know if your joking but man I hope you are. Just becuase you think this is a big inside joke between the west and the muslims doesn't make it so. This is a very serious issue, do you remeber the huge uproar over a comic depicting Mohamid in a negative way!!! It was a world wide media frenzy with allot of people outraged, even some violence linked to it. We can't tell people to just relaxe because were joking around, people have the right to feel how they feel.

Now I will re-state what I said originally we could add taunts etc. if they are not race, religion or creed related. I do like the idea of making it a local sound not a radio spam. I would quickly tier of the constant spam, but it would be nice to celebrate a good assualt or take down.
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #62
Dyer |3-5|
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
sigh cmon people, especially you americans.
why you gotta turn this into a moral debate about religion?
allah akbahr is just a saying like oh my god.
we depict mohammed, they show caricatures denying the holocoust.
it's like a fun race bout who can humiliate the other fraction the most.
it's all fine cause they dont take it serious and neither do we.
like when they captured those brits few weeks ago: humiliate the west a bit and then release them with a broad grin of victory.
its about doing it with a certain sense of tactfulness. someone who goes on like all ***** are **** is most probably not able of self-irony and well, its just neither funny nor friendly in any way.
Id even think the muslims would be flattered and amused if theyd see we rather want to be an insurgent destroying the ├╝berpowered intemperate us/ gb forces with an allah akbahr yell than playing as our own armys.
its a kinda selfdestructive behaviour so I dont think theyd see a reason to start flame on us when we already do that ourselfs
specially when insurgents win most the time.
So my algebra class will be important later on. Now i see it...

You may call this a "game", but here in the real world there are people dying every day because they voluntered to join one "team" or the other. There are fathers, husbands, wives, brothers, sons, and daughters who are fighting and dying in order to protect the things that they belive in.
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #63
101 bassdrive
Banned

101 bassdrive's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow
101 Bassdrive I don't know if your joking but man I hope you are. Just becuase you think this is a big inside joke between the west and the muslims doesn't make it so. This is a very serious issue, do you remeber the huge uproar over a comic depicting Mohamid in a negative way!!! It was a world wide media frenzy with allot of people outraged, even some violence linked to it. We can't tell people to just relaxe because were joking around, people have the right to feel how they feel.
first off, I wanted to help avoid the thread from gettin political but I made it worse. dammit.
I dont see it as if its a inside joke, its more likely a showdown of selfacclaimed superpowers and the first to lose his smile, well, has lost.
I sure found it hilarious that the iran put up a competition to depict holocoust denyal. so purely ridicilously genious.

bout this whole allah ackbar thingy.. now please listen: dont be so godallahjehovabuddahvishnudamn fu**en uptight bout it!
I mean the DEVs are going to implent CIVILIANS in the game. MIDDLE EASTERN CIVILIANS!
and many people start joking like: "ahah, they could leave a scratch on my humvee" and stuff.
fine for me. but as soon as its about religion you freak out. it's a bit hypocritical.

so now you can weigh those two things against eachother whats gonna upset a narrow minded/ iliterate/ religious person more, if theyd find out:
- having the possibility/ urgency to kill innocent middle eastern civilians or
- to be able to mimic the allah akbahr scream when a insurgent has defeated western power

and than while replying another american comes along.
dyer: you think you can expose my argument cause my english isnt perfect?
go ahead: reply in either frensh, german, swedish or swiss-german dialect.

well guess we need to invent nations which are in conflict then and they get to scream "hail spaghettimonster" freakin rednecks.
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #64
Long Bow

Long Bow's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
so now you can weigh those two things against eachother whats gonna upset a narrow minded/ iliterate/ religious person more, if theyd find out:
- having the possibility/ urgency to kill innocent middle eastern civilians or
- to be able to mimic the allah akbahr scream when a insurgent has defeated western power


well guess we need to invent nations which are in conflict then and they get to scream "hail spaghettimonster" freakin rednecks.
I appreciate what your saying and I to didn't want to turn this into a religous debate. The only reason it was turned into a debate is the fact that there is very little chance of taunts being put in game if there is relegion involved. The civilians in game are middle eastern yes but there is still no relegion involved in the game (assumed relegion yes but not explicitaly stated). The killing of civilians in game is not encouraged and killing them incurs a penalty. I know that it seems silly to accept that killing in game is ok where a statement is not. But the current political climate is such that the killing in game is ok, offending a religion is not. I don't decide these things. What does or does not offend me in game is not really important. What would offend me is if a group of people were offended and put a stop to PR. As such that is why I don't support inputing something that has the potential to create such a problem, regardless of the majority of opinions.

Wow I used the word opinion and offended allot Thank you 101 Bassdrive for clarifying your opinion. I'm glad your not as un-informed as your first post lead me to believe. The redneck comment at the end though, was this directed at the posters here or your fictitional nation?
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #65
El_Vikingo

El_Vikingo's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow

101 Bassdrive This is a very serious issue, do you remeber the huge uproar over a comic depicting Mohamid in a negative way!!! It was a world wide media frenzy with allot of people outraged, even some violence linked to it.
Were you even born at the time!?!

They were outraged because they'd drawn him, not because they drew him in a negative way.

You said "some" violence?
They burnt down embassies!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #66
101 bassdrive
Banned

101 bassdrive's Avatar
Default

haha yeah isnt it absurd whats alright and whats not?
you wanna upset middle eastern people mock their religion
you wanna upset europeans tell em bout their nazi/imperialistic/crusade history
you wanna upset americans show them some titteys
xD

the suggestion were talking about is about offending people. the other team as such or a particular player.
If you want to see this mod as a e-sport thing ( C5 tourney for example) it wouldnt fit cause its not sportsman like.
if you want to see this mod as a game getting so close to reality as possible, well I guess it should be in then. fighting forces offend eachother with awful words like sandnigger, infidel and such.
the muslims yell the particular phrase "allah akbahr" when theyre winning. simple fact.
in the end it still would be a game though and I can see your point there long bow, and its convincing... it would be plain unessecary to alarm people for this rather unimportant aspect.

redneck was directed towards all people who lack self-irony, see only black and white and are being offended by everthing.
which would neither be a cynical comment towards a poster nor a citizen of a fictional nation but some pompous group or person who wants to mess with this mod.
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #67
::Major_Baker::
Default

ugh, this is getting sickening.
I hate all the usage and suggestions of stuff like dirka dirka, which is mocking arabic, and the jokes made about killing civilians on purpose. Thanks god you'll aren't real soldiers. The immaturity esposing from some of these threads is pretty evident.

No mocking, no out loud comments. much easier that way.
Bassdrive, we get your point. no need to type racist BS on this forum.
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #68
101 bassdrive
Banned

101 bassdrive's Avatar
Default

blabla evident immaturity
you dont even see the direct link in which I use those words?
I don't endorse them.
now gimme a break
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM   #69
arthuro12

arthuro12's Avatar
Default

make it a commorose option.. like instead of GO GO GO ''HOAA! '' or '' ALLAH HU AkBAR!''


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Possibly the sexiest member alive.. I want to tickle your prostate
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
arthuro12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #70
::Major_Baker::
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 bassdrive
blabla evident immaturity
you dont even see the direct link in which I use those words?
I don't endorse them.
now gimme a break
I saw the context, but no need to type everything out.
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
ackbarr, allah, hooah
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.