project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
01 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #51
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

yeah well you may think its "immature" but it is exactly what goes on in real life. its called adrenaline and people who are in combat get alot of it and thats how they express it. just watch any recent combat video and you will see. i suggested the idea, but i also suggested ways to keep it from being spammed. me personally, if i only had 2 taunts per life i wouldnt use them until i did something awesome like blow up a T62. i realize theyre are some delinquent types that play PR but i think as a whole its WAY less than in vanilla.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #52
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz
The whole point is having everyone hear it.
it that case i'm totally against it. I dont wanna hear everybody on the server rubbing thier cocks after getting a kill. enough said!

For it to be 'heard' within 10 foot of the happy grunt, with NO text, fair enough.
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #53
101 bassdrive
Banned

I'm in for it if it's being heard like the "grenade!" warning and no auto textmessage like those annyoing "roger that" pops up.
I think bf2 already has taunts in it. you can sometimes hear someone laughing after a kill..
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 AM   #54
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

You are all stark raving mad if you think they will add "Allahu Ackbar" to the game.
You are not talking about some mildly offensive curse word, you are talking about letting infidels shout about ALLAH.
That will draw problems faster than flies on camel dung.
Taunts would be nice but anything at all to do with the Muslim religion will cause problems.
I got banned for a week for pointing out that all ********* are ****** and you think they will let you shout God is Great in the game ?
Wake up boys and girls, the powers that be have decided to kowtow to certain pressures and that is a trickle down process.
PR can't get sued ( in the US anyway )for what we say in the forums but they are liable for what they put in the game and the perpetually outraged will find out and cause problems.
Nobody wants to see 4-1-07's little joke become a reality.

PS: How about Cagney's " you dirty RAT !" or " you'll never take me alive coppers "
now that would convey the meaning w/o disturbing the political police.
ArmedDrunk&Angry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:44 AM   #55
[T]Terranova7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs
yeah well you may think its "immature" but it is exactly what goes on in real life. its called adrenaline and people who are in combat get alot of it and thats how they express it. just watch any recent combat video and you will see. i suggested the idea, but i also suggested ways to keep it from being spammed. me personally, if i only had 2 taunts per life i wouldnt use them until i did something awesome like blow up a T62. i realize theyre are some delinquent types that play PR but i think as a whole its WAY less than in vanilla.
This isn't reality, this is still a video game. You can't simulate the psychological aspect of war in a video game, no matter how hard you try. You want the game to give you butterflies before heading into combat? An adrenaline surge during combat? Did you ever feel emotion when a player was killed beside you? No right? You just can't do it in game. "Allah Ackbar" would be used for the player's amusement more than anything. And honestly, I don't know how you can have fun doing so. I think ArmedDrunk&Angry makes a good point too.

Don't care what the masses think on this issue, leave this sort of stuff out of the game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of
|

[T]Terranova7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #56
101 bassdrive
Banned

sigh cmon people, especially you americans.
why you gotta turn this into a moral debate about religion?
allah akbahr is just a saying like oh my god.
we depict mohammed, they show caricatures denying the holocoust.
it's like a fun race bout who can humiliate the other fraction the most.
it's all fine cause they dont take it serious and neither do we.
like when they captured those brits few weeks ago: humiliate the west a bit and then release them with a broad grin of victory.
its about doing it with a certain sense of tactfulness. someone who goes on like all ***** are **** is most probably not able of self-irony and well, its just neither funny nor friendly in any way.
Id even think the muslims would be flattered and amused if theyd see we rather want to be an insurgent destroying the ├╝berpowered intemperate us/ gb forces with an allah akbahr yell than playing as our own armys.
its a kinda selfdestructive behaviour so I dont think theyd see a reason to start flame on us when we already do that ourselfs
specially when insurgents win most the time.
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #57
TroyMcClure
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to TroyMcClure Send a message via Skype™ to TroyMcClure

I like that idea; we need more ambient sounds coming from players, like hooray, durka durka, yeah nice shot!, ecc. imho.
I don't want that to humiliate anyone, only for ambience and realism; no religious sounds oriented.

Please, have patience... i'm a friggin italian
Елена, Я тебя люблю.
Last edited by TroyMcClure; 05-03-2007 at 07:54 AM..
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #58
Engineer

I'm not a american (It's like winning a lottery), but I still object these taunts.

If you want to 'humiliate' someone, do it in open chat. It's more effective to write something, instead of click spamming 'scream' in your commo rose.
Engineer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #59
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

maybe only when you hit the detonator of the c4 , so not "allah akbar" spam
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #60
daranz

Usually when detonating IEDs you don't want everyone around you to know your location.

daranz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ackbarr, allah, hooah