project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #31
El_Vikingo

I think theres some of that Ala BS in this video:
They've been trapped by the marines.

http://vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1325

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #32
mdterp1987

Send a message via AIM to mdterp1987

Allah Ackbar actually means God is greatER. Implied is the word everything.

And in case you ever go on Jeopardy: There are exactly 99 ways to say Allah in Arabic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mdterp1987 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #33
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Since there really isnt much use for Go Go Go! anymore since no text displays means that you dont know if it was your gunner on the left side minigun or the bloke that just got into an APC 3 miles away.
It could be replaced with the 3rd and 1st person sounds but would not come through the radio, like "Ammo, here!" and "Ok, your alright. now get back to the fight!".

I would be happy to do the voice over for Allah Akbar.

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #34
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

it would add a lot of imersion , i like the idea .

remember the bf2 INTRO ? the uy in the machigun said: "c'mon, get some!" when is shooting at the chinise.

and btw im not northamerican , so i dont really care about the allah akbar , add it too .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #35
DirtyHarry88

If it was to be added it would have to be said correctly for full effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takbir

It's Allāhu Akbar

The IED Master
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #36
SGT Impaler

Emotes are all fine and good, but honestly, how much time do you spend in the field concentrating on making Hooahs and other chants? I dont know about you, but in my even limited experience, there is barely time to reload let alone cheer.

I do like that they have the Thank You line on the tree. Courtesy is a lost art it would seem. Don't believe me, try holding a door open for someone and see if they say thank you.

On a side-note, MajorBaker in another post about the insurgency mentioned having loudspeakers with propoganda/encouragement blaring. I really like that idea as far as immersion. Not so much the tauntings.
SGT Impaler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #37
causticbeat

FOR RUSSIA!/NO RETREAT!/I WILL KILL YOU!

causticbeat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #38
causticbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Impaler
Emotes are all fine and good, but honestly, how much time do you spend in the field concentrating on making Hooahs and other chants? I dont know about you, but in my even limited experience, there is barely time to reload let alone cheer.

I do like that they have the Thank You line on the tree. Courtesy is a lost art it would seem. Don't believe me, try holding a door open for someone and see if they say thank you.

On a side-note, MajorBaker in another post about the insurgency mentioned having loudspeakers with propoganda/encouragement blaring. I really like that idea as far as immersion. Not so much the tauntings.

Its PR, its a fairly light hearted game. How many times playing insurgnet do you shoot down that blackhawk and then go hop up and down on its corpse firing your AK in to the air?

causticbeat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #39
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

add a "for the queen" to UK
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #40
Lothrian

No....simple reason ... I am having "enemy sighted", "SNIPAAAAR", "MEDIC!" shouted in my ear, I dont need another thing. Sometimes it gets so bad that we have to restart a sentence when there is so much radio traffic.

I would actually prefer 99% of the voices removed, like enemy spotted ... since when would I actually hear that, 2000ft away from the guy who originally said it?
Make the voices local, just like the enemy hears, and take out the main channel/team voice of "enemy spotted".

Keep medic, ammo etc, but enemy spotted etc .. argh get rid!!! Nothing destroys your spacial awarness more when your trying to hear the direction of gunshots.
Last edited by Lothrian; 05-02-2007 at 03:13 PM..

Tags
ackbarr, allah, hooah