project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
stringue
Default Increased Realism suggestions

Downloaded PR a few months ago now - its a fantastic mod - a big thankyou to all the contributors for all the hard work! I havent played BF2 vanilla since!

I downloaded it because I like realistic games/sims, I think realisim add's a lot more thinking gameplay to game's (ie. cover, squads etc), that said here are my own 2 penny's worth of suggestions, I did check them against the pinned thread.

1) Squad Size: 8 men ; I dont think as it is, a squad has enough firepower in most situations to take down even 1 or 2 hostile's without suffering casualty's, in most videos Ive seen, squads seem to overwhelm the enemy with firepower.

2) Defribulators and Medic: Its all a bit magical isn't it? Can the defribs be replaced with a big bag of those handy bandaid's for the medic?

3) Concussion: This kinda resulted in my thread, often I come across a lone hostile, get him by suprise and empty a few bursts of my M16 into him only for him to drop to the floor and take me out with his better stopping power G3, it seems the act of being shot repeatedly is a minor hindrance to ones in game avatar.

Concussion effects may include; knocking a person over, black out, shakey cam, or otherwise make taking accurate aim very difficult.

4) Gun Jam's

5) National Difference's: I don't know if some of these are already implemented but;
- Interceptor body armor or similar armor with inserts for US/UK, make western infantry able to withstand repeated hit's (with concussion of course) without damage to center mass.
- Soft Armor for Chinese/MEC, perhaps similar to current?
- No Armor for Insurgent

- US/UK make the support weapons available from the kit page to reflect the greater wealth of these countrys

- Increase Stamina of US/UK forces to reflect their better training/motivation

- Increase Speed of Insurgent/Chinese/MEC (perhaps more for Insurgent) to reflect their lighter kit

- Increase Effectiveness of US/UK medic

This will of course make it unbalanced I know, but surely this is as RLâ„¢? to offset this and reflect quality vs quantity:

- Change Spawn/ReSpawn Time's ie. increase Western, Decrease Eastern
- Change Team Ratio's ie. 2 MEC positions for 1 West or something similar
- Change Start ticket ratio's (West not willing to lose as much)

6) And lastly, squads are the bread and butter of PR, so perhaps change the end of round screen a little to show all the squad's rather than just individuals, maybe giving awards for different things (or just gold/silver/bronze) at the end to the best squad on each side - or something like that.

Rgrds!
stringue
stringue is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Pantera

Numbers 1 and 4 arent possible due to Engine limitations.

But i agree with the other points! Really great ideas there....apart from the medic loosing the defib....how else do you revive someone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Long Bow

Im glad you're enjoying the PR experience. I believe allot of your ideas/suggestions have been posted before. Do a search for each one and you will probably be able to find some threads that will answer where those ideas stand with the Dev team. I'm not sure if parts of suggestion #5 have been suggested before though. The support gun idea has been suggested before. I think there could be some merit to the national differences but I feel that even though it is perhaps realistic it could simply take things a bit to far. It might remove some of the fun from the game.

Cheers,
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

1) Hardcoded AFAIK.

2) Defibs are designed to help in the resucitation of someone.

3) I think this has been suggested many times, not sure what the outcome has been.

4) Again, not sure if it's possible with the BF2 engine.

5) Not sure what's happening on the armour front

- The reason you have to request kits is to stop all the 'nilla noobs taking a sniper rifle or SAW and wandering off.

- If they have body armour and all this gear that the insurgents don't have then I'm sure they're very fit considering how much they can sprint at the moment.

- Yeah, I'd like to see their sprint time increased too.

- Possibly, it does reflect the time it would take to treat injuries though.

6) Yeah, that's definitely a good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
jerkzilla

1, squad size is hardcoded, I've heard it before...
2,To replace the defibs, the devs will most likely need a new animation for something that is essentially useless as far as gameplay goes.
3, you may have experienced lag, the crappy hit box detection or probably just missed.
4, engine limitation for all I know.
5, Now this here is actually a good idea, though it will very likely increase teamswitching. The devs should just increase the number of support weapons to like 6 on a full server instead of making them widely available, and I don't know about the stamina thing for the US and UK, they do carry the additional body armor.
This idea will very likely diversify the tactics used according to side. I'd like to see different approaches to combat like on Al Basra.
6, it's in Bf 2142 , the devs would have to redesign menus though, I seriously doubt it's anywhere near high on the to do list.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
ubiquitous

Send a message via MSN to ubiquitous

I like the idea of 'western' teams having fewer tickets because casualty reports all over BBC news or CNN can turn a country off of a war really quickly.

ubiquitous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Hides-His-Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous
I like the idea of 'western' teams having fewer tickets because casualty reports all over BBC news or CNN can turn a country off of a war really quickly.
I agree; greater equipment/firepower + greater ticket loss would be reality

BUT

it would make playing MEC/PLA no fun at all, since you'd be outgunned and dieing so much more often and this has to be enjoyable even when its reality

Defribulators represent the casualty being dragged off the battlefield to safety i think

The third "never again" in a hundred years
Hides-His-Eyes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
jeffy777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie
2) Defibs are designed to help in the resucitation of someone.
Yes, but being zapped with the Defibs and then instantly being able to start blasting away with your weapon is not realistic (but the fact that you will die shortly unless healed does help). Perhaps when you are revived, you shouldn't be able to move for a little while and your screen should be dark and then gradually fade in as you come back to consciousness. May not be fully possible with the engine, and probably been suggested before, but it would be much more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringue
Concussion effects may include; knocking a person over, black out, shakey cam, or otherwise make taking accurate aim very difficult.
Yes, when you get hit you should be affected, instead of able to react as if nothing happened, basically. That would be really cool if any of the effects you mentioned could be added
jeffy777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth.Skyline
apart from the medic loosing the defib....how else do you revive someone?
Havent you ever watched baywatch?

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
::Major_Baker::

Quote:
Increase Stamina of US/UK forces to reflect their better training/motivation
I like all of them except for the above. If there's one thing we've learned in Iraq, it is that there is no shortage of motivation in the insurgency. If anything it should be reversed from what you suggested. Those are some damn motivated people--they might not even be getting paid..
::Major_Baker:: is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
increased, realism, suggestions