project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 AM   #1
Desertfox

Default Minimap Fade

To reduce the clutter on the screen how about

If you do not move (W,A,S,D) for 5 seconds your minimap begins to fade out.
If you do not shoot or change weapons/firing modes for 5 seconds your ammo counter (The 3,5 one) fade out.

It would help reduce the on-screen clutter.

Also :P What about instead of having ironsights 'toggle' why not make it so you have to hold down the right mouse button? IRL you can just move it once and its there You have to hold it Of course, this may only work with 3D ironsights/the delay (Like the ones on the SAW)

These ideas are based off of COD2 :P

Thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
VipersGhost

I dunno about the map fade...if everyone esle can see minimap...then I want to, so I can keep track of friendly's running in front of my sniper rifle I love the "hold button" to shoot thing, thats a great idea. I think it'd give the weapons a little bit more "feel" to them.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
TexLax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
These ideas are based off of COD2 :P

COD 1 > COD 2

and the ironsight thing was in COD 1, no one ever used it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TexLax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
I dunno about the map fade...if everyone esle can see minimap...then I want to, so I can keep track of friendly's running in front of my sniper rifle I love the "hold button" to shoot thing, thats a great idea. I think it'd give the weapons a little bit more "feel" to them.
They will only be able to see it while running

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 AM   #5
-=ToD=-KNIFE

Good ideas, maybe also whilst using Iron Sights it Drains the Stamina as haveing to hold the weapon up Escpiecally if its the M249 but if you are Prone and your Weapon has a Bi-pod or Crouched the Stamina Drain should be Reduced, they say when Stamina is gone your Accuracy suffers
-=ToD=-KNIFE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
Woody

You guys have to remember that the devs are working the the BF2 engine, which means you can't just make anything happen.

Woody is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 AM   #7
TexLax

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]Woody
You guys have to remember that the devs are working the the BF2 engine, which means you can't just make anything happen.
OMGZ HARDCODED!!!

i knew it...

TexLax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #8
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

^^^LOL

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 AM   #9
Pantera

I think the sight delay should be implimented on all weapons and not just the HMG's....

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #10
causticbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth.Skyline
I think the sight delay should be implimented on all weapons and not just the HMG's....

learn to animate then

causticbeat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fade, minimap