project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Buildings w/ interior

This has been going thru my mind a lot....why dont we have some buildings, which have interior?

I was thinking, if someone could model a casual apartment building, only it would have an entrance and stairs to a certain floor (bit like the TV station in Sharqi)
Once there, there would be a hallway and maybe doors to one or two rooms, which would have windows, from where you could shoot out on the street or across the rooftops.

Another idea would be to take an existing static and "dig out" a hallway and a room.

Also, it would be nice, if we could actually climb the balconies with grappling hooks. Right now, you either glitch into a building (shh) or fall down and kill yourself...

Comments?

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
DarkTalon

I'm sure the devs would do this, but modeling buildings does take some time.
also to my knowledge existing BF2 models cannot be decompiled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
.:iGi:.BLACKWIRE
Banned

Some more buildings with windows and rooms would be well cool for maps like Al Bas and Muttrah.
.:iGi:.BLACKWIRE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Yeah, a city has a multitude of ambush points, on top of, within, and around buildings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

ya like the hotel in Basrah would be cool to hde RPGs in and SA-7s but also it would make a closer combat zone that this mod really does not have.

Reality Gaming - Making Games Reality

LtSoucy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
Blackhawk 5

yeah a good idea, but replacing them on a map say like AL Basra would create more lag.
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
Ironcomatose

The DEVs already have a few new building of which you can go inside as well as buildings that can be destroyed. Lets just hang tight and see what we get because this building thing is already happening.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
00SoldierofFortune00

This is the one thing which I really liked about POE. They had two story buildings and even a gas station building which were enterable and made for good ambush points, but they weren't really in the "hot spots" on the maps.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
jackal22

i never really liked the poe2 buildings they are all so bland and stereo type eastern european inside it just looks crappy imo.

but presumably the devs use 3ds max to make the buildings? because im sure they could recruit some people from over at simtropolis in that case because wow their buildings are $%£&%$&^%£&%£ hot and they use 3ds max to make and render them for ingame.

im pretty sure some of them must also have bf2 but have not given time to play mods or something for it.

eg. link

i believe thats a link to like page 7 or something, check out the whole thred some of those buildings would be bloudy nice.

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
Blackhawk 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00
This is the one thing which I really liked about POE. They had two story buildings and even a gas station building which were enterable and made for good ambush points, but they weren't really in the "hot spots" on the maps.
I never really noticed that since 90% of it is urban tank battles and such, however looking at OPK is a good example.
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
buildings, interior, w or