project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
youm0nt

Default Car alarms, car horns, and line of sight

I have three small, little gameplay suggestions in this thread.

The first are car alarms, how about when a soldier fires at a static car, such as the ones on Muttrah City, its car alarms go off? This is seen in the Battlefield 2 trailer Battle at Mashtuur City. Listen up and look at seconds 22-23. This is just a small suggestion and doesn't effect gameplay issues but I think it will give off some extra ambient noises while fighting an urban setting.

My other suggestion is when a soldier dies while in the driver position of a Humvee, Vodnik, etc, his head hits the steering wheel and the car horn goes off until the body dissappears or when a new player takes up the driver position. Again, just extra ambient noises

My last suggestion is having each squad member's line of sight on the tactical map. For example, when you hit the caps lock key it brings up the tactical map and you come up as a "dot" with an outline of your line of sight. These line of sight "bars" are shown circled in the screenshot.

What I'm saying is it possible to have your other squad member's line of sight bars shown on the tactical map too? I think this can help with fire teams in the squad and covering each other going from street to street in urban areas.
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
TexLax

im pretty sure most of the cars in the middle east have car alarms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TexLax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Raniak

This trailer was funny, almost everything they showed in it isn't in vBF2

Edit: oh, and I agree for the suggestions about the sound effects but not for the "cone of vision" I don't think it should be added to the minimap, but maybe to the tab map

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Raniak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
TexLax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniak
This trailer was funny, almost everything they showed in it isn't in vBF2
ya, that trailer made the game look ALOT better than it actually is

TexLax is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog Send a message via Skype™ to A-10Warthog

i diddnt want to suggest it to sound like a dee dee dee but i would love to see turn signals and whatnot like u press d to turn on the right turn signal, press a to turn on left one, s to do stop/reverse lights and then \ to turn on both left and right blinkers

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.

from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #6
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

put destroyable car arraound city maps (some driviable , some only decorative) and im happy :P
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:53 AM   #7
KingLorre

somewone skin a BMW XD id like to trash those!
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:06 AM   #8
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

They even had the laser painting.....geez, damn lausy DICE, what we could have, but they never completed it...

Who bets, that if DICE made the game with all the stuff, that isnt included in vBF2, would we need a Project Reality mod?

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 AM   #9
vassili
Send a message via MSN to vassili

the sound things are good Ideas but the sight bars will make the map loaded with lines and not clear to view

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLorre
somewone skin a BMW XD id like to trash those!
then I demand a driveble Ferrari enzo in full Us cammo skin

vassili is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:39 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt
I have three small, little gameplay suggestions in this thread.

The first are car alarms, how about when a soldier fires at a static car, such as the ones on Muttrah City, its car alarms go off? This is seen in the Battlefield 2 trailer Battle at Mashtuur City. Listen up and look at seconds 22-23. This is just a small suggestion and doesn't effect gameplay issues but I think it will give off some extra ambient noises while fighting an urban setting.
ehhh thats not muttrah, I made muttrah, and its not mashtuur either....

also we kinda need more than 1 car model (thats not wrecked) before we think about adding car alarms which seems like loads more work than its worth...

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alarms, car, horns, line, sight