project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
VipersGhost

Default Increase bullet spread when unaimed/moving-To improve CQB

So I'm just brainstorming how we could get rid of the halo strafing and spraying in CQB. Earlier I thought descreasing the strafe speed, but that wasn't a good idea/realistic. Right now you can be pretty damn accurate at a short range while running sideways and full-auto with an AK. I really dont think that its modeled realistically. Shooting from the hip is really hard on full auto being that you dont have the weapon shoulder'd...thus the recoil has a more distinct effect on deviation...especially to the left or right...and DEFINITELY when you are running sideways! I do this all the time in PR's CQB and its DAMN effective, I can easily run through a mob of 3 guys sitting there in a nice defensive postion as I blast around the corner making grunting noises like rambo. I think we need to limit this, in real life I bet the % of bullets shot from the hip is VERY VERY low, but in PR is probably at least 20%. I'm not jumping to anything extreme, I think at point blank you should be able to kill someone, but as it is now....I can unload on a guy 30ft out and put a couple of hits on him...especially if I have the Support gun **insert double rambo grunts+yell**. Even if we have to make the "shooting from the hip" slightly unrealistic to force more realistic firefights...then it should be done IMO. Right now its not realistic, this creates BIG TIME arcade strategies, and totally messes up the CQB mechanics. You basically get punished for having a good defensive position (sometimes)...because 2 guys can come flying around the corner guns blazing like a running rambo...hell even rambo didn't run full-auto spraying and killing guys. Its not like I'm saying its 100% more effective but its definitely WAY unrealistic and gives the arcade guys unfair advantage in the situation; it completely leaves the PR ideals of strategy and coordinated movements...once CQB starts you start really moving quickly and everyone blitzes like mad, which is ok I guess if your spec ops, but this is def not a standard CQB experience for regular soldiers. So I say, increase the bullet spread when shooting from the hip.
VipersGhost is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
*2Recon*

Im pretty sure this has been suggested before
*2Recon* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
daranz

You don't really shoot from hip at any point - you have the weapon shouldered, but not aiming.

Also, I am not a soldier/police officer/mercenary/well-trained terrorist, but I doubt you would use ironsights at close ranges in real life. At a certain range, you can just point the weapon at the enemy and fire without taking the time to align the sights. I doubt forcing people to line up their ironsights to shoot someone two feet in front of them would be very realistic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
VipersGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz
You don't really shoot from hip at any point - you have the weapon shouldered, but not aiming.

Also, I am not a soldier/police officer/mercenary/well-trained terrorist, but I doubt you would use ironsights at close ranges in real life. At a certain range, you can just point the weapon at the enemy and fire without taking the time to align the sights. I doubt forcing people to line up their ironsights to shoot someone two feet in front of them would be very realistic.
Like I said, I'm not jumping to an extreme. In my post I said shooting someone point blank (aka 2ft) or 10ft or whatever should still be effective. I do believe how ever that the accuracy should be reduced....especially whilst moving if its possible. I'm just brainstorming some options to fix the existing strafing CQB nonsense. But hey maybe I'm wrong and it is realistic...I def dont spend my days killing guys with a machine gun IRL
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Dyer |3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGhost
...I def dont spend my days killing guys with a machine gun IRL
And the military does?
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
VipersGhost

eh...beats me chief.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by daranz

I agree. When you see clips of soldiers in Iraq they are usually looking down their sights...while engaging targets that are a fair istance away. Forcing you to use sights when you are within spitting distance of a guy is just pointless and unrealistic
bunny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
VipersGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny
I agree. When you see clips of soldiers in Iraq they are usually looking down their sights...while engaging targets that are a fair istance away. Forcing you to use sights when you are within spitting distance of a guy is just pointless and unrealistic
Again, I'm not suggesting anything extreme like what you are mentioning...I dont think anyone would in the first place. Yes within very close range the old spray and pray should be just fine. But in standard CQB it should not...as it stands now, you can definitely spray and pray whilst wasting guys well outside of "spitting distance". I intentionally mention the "no extremes" for a reason, I'm not speaking in definitives like "If I'm 2ft from a guy and can piss on him, my bullets should still miss him completely" no....not at all. I just think they should have more spread. Yes in IRL I do think that if you are running very quickly sideways that it would still be difficult to kill someone (AK47) full-auto within 15 ft....2ft no...but 15 ft,heck ya it'd be tough...not impossible but its not a sure kill. That gun kicks like a mule on full auto and if you are running sideways and blazing away...I bet you'd get REAL inaccurate quick. Right now its a piece of cake though, and I know I'm not that good. I've seen guys IRL fumble a gun after shooting it standing still...let alone FULL AUTO 7.62 round AK whilst running sideways...its just stupid and shouldn't be so damn prevelant in the game. Its the only thing in the game thats concurrent with Quake and Unreal Tournmant....and there shouldn't be any of those elements in this game. Come on dude, not even rambo does that...literally, watch his movies Of course if you are shooting a few shots a time, hip shooting is fine and accurate...but full auto AK, is rediculously inaccurate. I found a forum qoute on a gun site.

"On full auto with an AK-47 you won't hit anything except maybe an airplane flying above you and to your left. I've fired a few clips on full rock-n-roll from both an AK-47 and an M-16. I can see where you could do it with practice on single shot from the hip though."
Last edited by VipersGhost; 04-27-2007 at 03:13 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #9
AnRK
Supporting Member

Probably not very practical but It might be more realistic (I think) 2 have two zoom modes for all weapons e.g.:

Weapon at hips: Un-zoomed normal view no movement restrictions

Weapon shouldered: Not zoomed, much greater control without sights being used, impedes movement slightly, much more screen taken up by weapon but not as much as Iron sighted/Scoped view.

Aiming: Regular Ironsight/Scoped View with regular movement resrictions.

Not sure how you'd adapt the control system for this, maybe having multiple zoom modes or using different keys maybe if possible.

Something like this would allow for much greater loss of control when firing from the hip and to have some middle ground between a good view with horrible accuracy and very limited view with much better accuracy which is very ineffective for close range combat.
AnRK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #10
VipersGhost

Hey, this is a good idea! What if it was treated just like a zoom on a sniper rifle. You click once and it shoulders your gun....and you click again you look down the iron sites. This could fix the "prone-flopers" problem too! No just insta-prone and shooting...now they at least have to shoulder the gun first. I think its very realistic., semi-simulating the action of bringing the gun up and then pulling up to the sites.

Tags
bullet, cqb, improve, increase, spread, unaimed or movingto