project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Sir. VaSs

Default Falklands war campaign

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been suggested yet but i didn't see any threads on it.

We've had Iraq, Afghanistan and... China but I'd like to see a Falklands campaign based in BF2. I know the war was fought over 20 years ago but many of the weapons and vehicles that were used are still in service in the British forces. I remember seeing that you were working on a harrier which would be vital in a Falklands battlefield.

Possible maps:

Battle of Goose Green
Special forces assault on Mount Kent
Recapture of South Georgia
The attack on the Santa Fe
The fall of Port Stanley
Landing at San Carlos - Bomb Alley

Possible vehicles:

Royal Air Force:

Phantom FGR Mk 2
Avro Vulcan B Mk 2
Sea Harrier FRS Mk 2
Lynx helicopter
Landing craft

Argentine Air Force:

Mirage IIIEA
A-4C Skyhawk
Super Étendard

If you do consider a Falklands campaign for a future release I'm willing to map, UVW map and skin (including bump maps).
Sir. VaSs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Garabaldi

Send a message via MSN to Garabaldi

Only if the commander has a Margaret Thatcher VO.

But seriously, don't think there are any plans to implement this or something similar - PR is set in the immediate/near future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Garabaldi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Would be nice but I've spent three tours down south and I've had enough looking at the place.

Modernise it and let the Argies try and take the Malvinas back. Include places like:

Mount Pleasant Airfield.
Mare Harbour.
Port Stanley.
Byron heights radar station.

There is still a very real threat of invasion. A lot of Argentinian kit is very up todate.

Sea assault on Mare Harbour defended by the RLC (460 Port Troop of all people).

Ground attack from Mare Harbour on Mount Pleasant Airfield defended by the Army, there is RAF but they're about as much use as tits on a flat fish. I've got a picture of battles ranging in the bottom NAAFI and the Bronx, typical Saturday night......

Plenty of beaches around Port Stanly for amphibious assault, most of the beaches are still mined. The Falkland Islands Defence Force could defend that. I'll be camped out in Deano's bar if you need me.

Byron heights is a hell of a mountain defended by the RAF but the Army could easily be slotted in.

I'll stop now before I get carried away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
strima is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

interesting idea, unlikely, but still very interesting

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
DirtyHarry88

I'd love to see it but can't see it happening.

Although I don't see why PR has to stick with present time/future, don't see any harm in doing any older maps if they're an excellent idea.

The IED Master
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That's the thing, the threat of invasion is still very real. Argentina still have their eyes on the Islands for Oil, fishing and mineral rights which are very lucrative. Also it's a stop off point for the south pole.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by strima
That's the thing, the threat of invasion is still very real. Argentina still have their eyes on the Islands for Oil, fishing and mineral rights which are very lucrative. Also it's a stop off point for the south pole.
It's just the fact that there almost certainly will not be an Argentinian faction added.

The IED Master
Old 04-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
[R-DEV]motherdear
PR:BF2 Developer

you'd have to make a non mounted "gimpy" GPMG, and then you need a render of the SLR, you'd also need a MILAN missile system for the battle of goose green i think it is. also the different attacks were carried out by different forces paras, marines etc. and you would also have to render the SAS uniforms, because it would be a shame just to use the standard specops uniform on a SAS soldier. and a heck load of other things

list of things that need to be implemented for this to be a reality.

- SAS army (custom spec ops force)
- Argetinian spec ops force
- GPMG "gimpy" (model already ingame mounted on the landrovers)
- Milan Missile sytem (French Tow, critical for the capture of Goose Green)
- Para soldier models
- different buildings (camilla greek house as spawn point for paras in goose
green fight)
- new maps
- different kinds of apc's and troop transports for one of the maps
- SLR (self-loading rifle) standard rifle in the british army in this period (can't
remember the real name for the rifle)
- Argetinian forces
- British forces (need to be re-rendered for this new type of terrain)
- Mirage IIIEA (French airplane, in use by the argentinians)
- Super Étendard (same as last)
- landing ships (vericles)
- improvised Exocet launcher (vericle)

that's all i can think of that we need to make renders of to make these maps work, if i left something out fell free to say so.

and as somebody said before, we can always simulate Argentina invading, we don't have to model the SLR and "gimpy" then, but we will still need new camo patterns.
[R-DEV]motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear
you'd have to make a non mounted "gimpy" GPMG, and then you need a render of the SLR, you'd also need a MILAN missile system for the battle of goose green i think it is. also the different attacks were carried out by different forces paras, marines etc. and you would also have to render the SAS uniforms, because it would be a shame just to use the standard specops uniform on a SAS soldier. and a heck load of other things

list of things that need to be implemented for this to be a reality.

- SAS army (custom spec ops force)
- Argetinian spec ops force
- GPMG "gimpy" (model already ingame mounted on the landrovers)
- Milan Missile sytem (French Tow, critical for the capture of Goose Green)
- Para soldier models
- different buildings (camilla greek house as spawn point for paras in goose
green fight)
- new maps
- different kinds of apc's and troop transports for one of the maps
- SLR (self-loading rifle) standard rifle in the british army in this period (can't
remember the real name for the rifle)
- Argetinian forces
- British forces (need to be re-rendered for this new type of terrain)
- Mirage IIIEA (French airplane, in use by the argentinians)
- Super Étendard (same as last)
- landing ships (vericles)
- improvised Exocet launcher (vericle)

that's all i can think of that we need to make renders of to make these maps work, if i left something out fell free to say so.

and as somebody said before, we can always simulate Argentina invading, we don't have to model the SLR and "gimpy" then, but we will still need new camo patterns.
Which is why it won't happen.

The IED Master
Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry88
It's just the fact that there almost certainly will not be an Argentinian faction added.
AAAWWWWW!!!!! Pleeeeseeee, gwaan, gwaan, gwaan, you know you want to add more work for the team.......!!!!!

Tags
campaign, falklands, war