project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #31
SCUBAKev

i was at a Model UN meet, Representative on the International Court of Justice from France...and this topic was discussed for hours on end...was very interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stare into the eyes of death......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SCUBAKev is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #32
Sir. VaSs

Not luck just well thought out military decisions and taking calculated risks.. I would be able to argue more on this but my Dads away atm.
Sir. VaSs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #33
Reyals

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear
the british was indeed lucky.
And the Argentines were incompetent.
Thus a fair fight :P

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. VaSs
Not luck just well thought out military decisions and taking calculated risks.. I would be able to argue more on this but my Dads away atm.
No... they did get pretty lucky.

"Thirteen unexploded bombs[22] hit British ships without detonating. Lord Craig, the former Marshal of the Royal Air Force, is said to have remarked: “Six better fuses and we would have lost”[23] although Ardent and Antelope were both lost despite the failure of bombs to explode. The fuses were functioning correctly, and the bombs were simply released from too low an altitude.[24][25]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War
Last edited by Reyals; 04-20-2007 at 06:54 PM..
Old 04-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #34
Sir. VaSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyals
"Thirteen unexploded bombs[22] hit British ships without detonating.
Their own fault for investing in French weaponry .
Sir. VaSs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #35
Reyals

Quote:
Their own fault for investing in French weaponry .
While the attacks were undoubtedly brave, the low release of the unretarded bombs (some of which, ironically, were sold to the Argentine FAA by the British years earlier) meant that many never exploded as there was insufficient time in the air for them to arm themselves. Simple free-fall bombs will, at low altitude, impact almost directly below the dropping aircraft, therefore there is a minimum safe altitude for release. The pilots would doubtless have been aware of this, but in the heat of bomb alley, many failed to climb to the necessary release point. The problem was solved by the improvised fitting of retarding devices, allowing low-level bombing attacks as employed on June 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

Reyals is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #36
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

the bombs dosnt explot because they had a delay (like 2 seg) before they detonate , to avoid that the plane was damage by his own bomb (to avoid the radar , the A4 fly very near to the water , only 10 m over the sea) but the shield of the british ships was to weak , so the bomb only pass like a knife in butter .
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
Reyals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SiCaRiO77
the bombs dosnt explot because they had a delay (like 2 seg) before they detonate , to avoid that the plane was damage by his own bomb (to avoid the radar , the A4 fly very near to the water , only 10 m over the sea) but the shield of the british ships was to weak , so the bomb only pass like a knife in butter .
Yah? That was mentioned in my post directly above yours...
What's your point.
Reyals is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
mrmong
Banned

we kicked their arse
mrmong is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #39
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Balls, sweat and audasity as it's known in miltary terms.

strima is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, falklands, war