project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

you can try this mod for bf1942 , called "Malvinas 1982"

http://foros.cerolag.com/f-battlefie...-70-30569.html
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #12
El_Vikingo

O Get OFP and download a falklands mod, probably 100s of'em!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Or start a Bf2 Falklands mod...lol

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #14
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

Well the same atmosphere can be created, for a "Futuristic" engagement down in that area - using current brit technology.

Brit vs. anyone really, it will be the map created which gives the realism feel, with open fields of fire etc, and emplaced MGs.

Alright, who is going to build it. If noone is up for it, i will badger a few of the mappers i know

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #15
$kelet0r

it's not a particularly interesting conflict - more of a tiny niche product. Much like Operation Peacekeeper setting its conflict between the Germans and the Serbs ... who the hell cares? :/
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #16
Sir. VaSs

I disagree, yes it only lasted 74 days and had a total of 907 fatalities but it was just as significant as the war in Kosovo and was a fierce conflict as my Dad experienced first hand. It also proved to the world that the British forces hadn't become obsolete and that we would still fight to keep what colonies we had left. I don't see why a present day or near future based conflict in the islands wouldn't work... after all the conflict between the US/UK against China is fiction and if it was set in the present day there would be less work.

As i said i would be willing to map for this and skin if required.
Sir. VaSs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #17
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I dont know much about the falklands war, but it was some time ago where PR is set in the near future, also from what I understand it wasn't excatly a "blanced" war and when you have 2 conventinoal arimes compeating each other, in a game you need to have the blanced.

Would also require a new faction to be made, and then new maps, I just dont see it happening to be honest..

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #18
causticbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. VaSs
I disagree, yes it only lasted 74 days and had a total of 907 fatalities but it was just as significant as the war in Kosovo and was a fierce conflict as my Dad experienced first hand. It also proved to the world that the British forces hadn't become obsolete and that we would still fight to keep what colonies we had left. I don't see why a present day or near future based conflict in the islands wouldn't work... after all the conflict between the US/UK against China is fiction and if it was set in the present day there would be less work.

As i said i would be willing to map for this and skin if required.

I think the general attitude towards things like this is "finnish it and present it"

If you can map and skin, go for it. I actually beleive that Hfette is making a faction based on argentina, so maybe you should contact him about it.

But in general, id say that it seems like the best way for you to get your stuff in game is to present it as a complete package

causticbeat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Sturnn

Actually about the Margaret Thatcher Voice over thing, i dont think that would work, cos she was prime minister and its usually a british commander incharge and the the PM!.

and anyways...i know abit about the falklands war, there was an SAS raid on the airfield, and loads of other battles, my dads got loads of military books and i have too!.

anyways...a falklands war mod or maps would work sort of!.

and anyway, i thought of somthing, how come the british in PR have the same heavy machine gun as the americans do?, we have a different heavy machine gun now!.

Ex-British Squaddie
Sturnn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
DirtyHarry88

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
I dont know much about the falklands war, but it was some time ago where PR is set in the near future, also from what I understand it wasn't excatly a "blanced" war and when you have 2 conventinoal arimes compeating each other, in a game you need to have the blanced.

Would also require a new faction to be made, and then new maps, I just dont see it happening to be honest..
Why was it not balanced?

It wasn't as if we routed them you know. Argies could have used their navy if they wanted, they had aircraft as well.

The IED Master
DirtyHarry88 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, falklands, war