project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
25 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Simio1337

Default TrackIR for Project Reality

Can we mod TrackIR ingame?

I was thinking if ArmA did it how hard could it be? I just want it so it turns the player's head individually like a mouse movement but without having to use the mouse or lose sight of the target with looking around.

Track IR

Video showing trackIR in action - http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CovNxg8jEQ

So, could it be done?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Simio1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
mrmong
Banned

naw cant be done with an engine that doesnt support it.. well maybe for choppers and planes but not for troops.
mrmong is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Simio1337

It wouldn't be bad at all if this could work with airplanes and helicopters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Simio1337 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
El_Vikingo

you can, problem is you have to hold down the CTRL button.

You could assign a macro or something.

Although my trackerIR for Arma was the homemade webcam version! :P

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #5
DJJ-Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simio1337
I just want it so it turns the player's head individually like a mouse movement but without having to use the mouse or lose sight of the target with looking around.
Seems to me like compleatly useless feature.
Just ading more buttons for player to think of withouth any particular purpose other than cosmetical one.

Who want to get things done will find a way and who dosen't will find an excuse.

DJJ-Terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 AM   #6
El_Vikingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simio1337
Can we mod TrackIR ingame?

I was thinking if ArmA did it how hard could it be? I just want it so it turns the player's head individually like a mouse movement but without having to use the mouse or lose sight of the target with looking around.
So, could it be done?

Wouldn't you lose sight of the target if you looked away anyway?

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #7
daranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Wouldn't you lose sight of the target if you looked away anyway?
I think he means head moving independently from the gun (meaning, you don't have to move your sights away from the target). I don't recall if that was possible in ArmA or Flashpoint, but I know you could run around and independently move your head, like in real life (meaning, you could look left and right while sprinting forward, without stafing).

Of course, something like that would probably be impossible to mod in for BF2. Hell, there isn't even a way to get POV hats working for views in aircraft.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:23 AM   #8
Portable.Cougar

When you press ctl to look in the cockpit of a Jet / Helo your not able to make any directional changes to it.

As in moving the mosue to look left stops you from controling the helo.

With Track IR will this still be the case or will it in fact "free look"

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:44 AM   #9
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

apparently the devs from TrackIR tried to get EA / DICE to support it, but never got much response. Nothing we can do to add support, it's a game engine level feature. I'd prolly buy one hehe .. they have come a long way since I first tried them out.

Cheers!
egg

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 AM   #10
Thunder

i got TrackIR, its great in Armed assault and various flight sims, but in battlefield 2 ill have to say no.

Thunder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
project, reality, trackir