project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Arnoldio_SLO
Default Spawnpoints

what ive been thinking:

to maximize teamwork, you should get in a squad, and could spawn only on SL and RP...and normal spawnpoints should be removed, and only SL can spawn on it.

this would raise teamwork for quite a bit, make the game more intense, and make snipers more sticking to the team (not camping at one place).

I dont know if this can be done with this engine, but i think that it would be grat.
Arnoldio_SLO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
mammikoura

I think that people should still be able to spawn at main base and at APCs.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
$kelet0r

In an ideal realism situation with the game lacking the ability to evac critically injured/dying/dead comrades, the squad leader should have to retreat to the rally point to request the player respawn on it ... (otherwise forcing the player to spawn at HQ base) to simulate retreating when a soldier falls and/or carrying the injured to safety and evacuation and being replaced by fresh reinforcements

Doubt that would be popular
$kelet0r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
l|Bubba|l

When some squadmates don't wont to cooperate with the squadleader you can't force them.

Just kick this players out of your squad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
l|Bubba|l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio_SLO
what ive been thinking:

to maximize teamwork, you should get in a squad, and could spawn only on SL and RP...and normal spawnpoints should be removed, and only SL can spawn on it.

this would raise teamwork for quite a bit, make the game more intense, and make snipers more sticking to the team (not camping at one place).

I dont know if this can be done with this engine, but i think that it would be grat.
er.. it already works like that ?? Typically the only "fixed" spawn locations are main bases.

All others are:
- APCs
- Squad Leader
- Rally Points

There are "mapper set" rally points, but these are changing in v0.6 so that, for the most part, they will expire from the map shortly after the round starts (and you will have to rely on player set spawn locations).

In addition v0.6 adds commander placed destroyable assets that serve as a spawn location for the entire team.

While we knew it would be the case... it's a little worse than we anticipated .. Project Reality requires much more room in between objectives to make the spawn system we have designed work. We're working to try and fix some of the current maps as well as shifting our development focus into larger maps with lots of room between CPs.

Folks who like hopping in and fragging probably won't like that .. tho there will always be some maps that are "tight". But generally the direction we want to head in is large maps with lots of room to manouvre and set player controlled spawn locations.

Cheers!
egg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eggman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Arnoldio_SLO

i cant wait for 0.6
Arnoldio_SLO is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
spawnpoints