project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Lightbulb Making a Real Black Hawk Down Map PR and vBF2 (after PR version) Suggestions?

I am about to go home for the summer from college. I will be on faster internet and will be attempting my first BF2 map. I am rereading Black Hawk Down (it has maps, too, which I have redrawn larger and have added many notes as to locations, terrain, scale, etc) I will be making a BHD map as close to what it really looked like as I possibly can, having not been there. I got annoyed with the only other one I have seen having only the BH crashes as their similarity to the real events.

Thigns I have in mind:

1. Olympic Hotel (standard MEC hotel) just south and across from the Target Building.

2. Realistic street layout/vegitation/ambience (as realistic as possible, due to engine and standard CPU limitations, possibly)

3. For the vBF2 version, 4 spawn points around the target building in realistic position to actual events.
3b. PR spawn points I will need suggestions because of the different spawn (RP) system. I will be looking at how .6's RP/SP works. Since in .5 you cannot place an RP within 75m of a point, I dont know how I can put a spawn point to kind of force the 4 control points. I want the Rangers (USMC) to have to defend the Target areas four corners, (easy to do in vBF2) but in PR it gets tough, since you can spawn only at the Home base and RP's. Getting that to work will be tricky. I need ideas on this one.

Options for 3b:
1 Place a Command Point at the Target Building and have enough room to allow the four points to be held by means of RP's
2 Make the Target building the Main Base, problem is, this removes the flight from the airport in the BH's and Little Birds and Hummvees... which I want in there...
4. Airbase on the sea, realistic runway, maybe music blaring on the PA, Realistic, or near realistic, amount of BH's, Little Birds, and Vehicles. (lots of technicals for the Somalis, probably played as insurgents)

5. Well placed points for the Somalis so that they dont get there before the Rangers do. I would like to let the Rangers have the chance to get to the Target building first as it would be a bit hard taking the point by choppers and such and honestly wouldnt be quite like the real battle, where there was at least some surprise as to the target building. (maybe I'll have the men spawn farther away, and have technicals in the middle of the map, so they have to run qite a bit before they can get to a vehicle to get to the target building, leaving time for the Rangers to run through the 30 sec. Helo time and get to the site.)

6. 2 Black Hawk crash sites, still thinking how to set them up, as Control Points?

Once a Ranger post has been taken, should it be able to be retaken? I'm leaning towards yes...
Any suggestions? I might need much more help later on as I have never done a map before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think this map has potential to allow great ground to air coordination and I see it, if done right, becoming a very good map for PR lovers. Coordinating a convoy, BH's and AH-6's would be an awesome thing to see, especially in the PR world.

Thanks!

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto; 07-12-2007 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: Title was outdated and lame
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
El_Vikingo

Somali's and Ranger's ?! PR ain't planning to do them.

Don't we already have a BHD map?!

(Sorry if you answered these in the post, but I dont have time!)

If you are reading this dont stop, cause if you do, I'll kick you in the balls.
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo
Somali's and Ranger's ?! PR ain't planning to do them.

Don't we already have a BHD map?!

(Sorry if you answered these in the post, but I dont have time!)

Yeah, ummm, i kinda answered both of those and more...
I said Somalis would be insurgents and USMC as Rangers.....
And yes, there is a BHD map, and in the post I mentioned on how it is nothing like it... it gives you one Black Hawk, a little bird, and the layout is nothing like it was... *sigh*

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
Blackhawk 5

A mod already tried this idea and it failed...

http://mods.moddb.com/5695/operation-restore-hope/
Blackhawk 5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
DarkTalon

didn't 3 blackhawks eventually go down?
anyways, good luck with this. post an update when you get the layout started, community pressure always helped me when i mapped for CS:S

DarkTalon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
Griffon2-6

No, two Blackhawks and I think, a Little Bird. Not sure though.

Under normal circumstances, everybody pwns Griffon, in Soviet Russia, Griffon pwns EVERYBODY!
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
wpgcivic

yeah 2 BH's and a LB

wpgcivic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk 5
A mod already tried this idea and it failed...

http://mods.moddb.com/5695/operation-restore-hope/
Its sad that they died :/ Not enough community support.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Supporting Member

ok, so that mod that 'failed' was making crap that was either a. already in game. b. not needed. and c. an entire mod.

this is a. a level.

thats why they are totally different.

thanks for the comments.
im having trouble getting the level editor started and its too late tonight. i have to get used to making terrain before I can get this rolling. SO far it is just in the idea stage, but I am devoted to this. Especially once summer rolls around May 3rd. Tons o' time.

Thanks all, keep this in the back of your thoughts for suggestions, especially how to get the spawn points around the target building in Project Reality.

oh, and anyone who can help me out on editting, okita.battousai(at)gmail.com!!! need help with mainly everything, i can change the elevation, get water in there, but other than that... i need textures etc...

peace.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
KingLorre

When did the LB go down then?
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
black, hawk, making, map, real, suggestions, vbf2, version