project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default insurgent technical with a recoiless rifle?

i was wondering if maybe a technical could be added to the insurgent side with a recoilless rifle? if you dont know what im talking about heres an example

im talking about the gun on the jeep in this picture, not the jeep itself as i think it would be much easier to just use the existing pickup model with a recoilless rifle. plus this is a pic of a jeep in somalia with that funky camo they put on everything. i doubt middle east insurgents would put camo on theyre trucks. if you ever seen blackhawk down theres a scene where some somalis are blasting a building that the marines are hiding in with one of these weapons. maybe make it so it would take out a hummer or a chopper, maybe a LAV if you hit alot {unlikely to happen} and not really put a dent in a abrams. but very lethal against massed USMC like in a building or something. what do you think?
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
charliegrs

Default transport technical

sorry i know i just made a suggestion for technicals but i couldnt help posting another idea

what about a technical with no weapon, and you can put maybe 2-4 insurgents in the bed and just use the truck for transporting? it would be very fast, but extremely vulnerable to any kind of attack as it basically has no armor. you could just use the existing truck model and remove the gun. maybe change the color. or maybe let the insurgents use theyre weapons from the bed of the truck like you can with the hummers.

ok im sorry about the technical threads im done.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Teek
Supporting Member

In BHD, there shooting a MG or Grenade launcher, a Recoilless rife is a AT weapon.
on the Jeep is a howitzer it looks like

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #4
charliegrs

i do believe the weapon on that jeep is a recoilless rifle. i just looked on the internets to make sure and i think these links say it all

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=2

http://theartoftheblog.com/blog/imag...less_rifle.JPG

recoiless rifle come in a variety of sizes from shoulder-fired to tripod mounted to vehicle mounted. they dont fire either rockets or grenades they fire small artillery shells. its definitly not a howitzer though howitzers are huge and could never be mounted on a pickup truck. alot of countries use recoiless rifles, i dont think we use them anymore but did for a long time like during korea and vietnam. and alot of guerilla armies use them like the somalis and the iraqi insurgents.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #5
KP
Retired Moderator

That would be cool. And handy for the insurgents.
It would also make a terrific target for my 40mm grenade launcher.

But I'm afraid you can't just change EA/Dice's model a bit. It'll have to be remodeled from scratch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:33 AM   #6
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP

But I'm afraid you can't just change EA/Dice's model a bit. It'll have to be remodeled from scratch.

O yes you can, just as long as you dont intend to sell, selL, seLL, sELL, SELL!

But i also like this idea, personaly i think it would cool if the present techical could seat an extra 2 chaps, just hanging.........*o god* off the back, like in the Humvee.

Anothr Technical, with mabey a rectangular sheet of metal on both sides at the back, or an enlarged cabin, to provide a very basic levle in small arms protection. Aswell as seating 6 insurgents.
Top_Cat_AxJnAt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:34 AM   #7
ReadMenace

It's a recoilless rifle; a howitzer would require a sturdier breech.
ReadMenace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 AM   #8
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP
Oh yes you can, look what they did with the APCs, where's the TOW? 0_o

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #9
youm0nt

The devs actually did make a technical from scratch but it has a weapon on it, but they removed it from 0.4 because of glitches and may return to the game... Check the vehicles section on the PR guide to look for it
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
[R-COM]Darkpowder
Support Technician

It's called a Transit Van. Go and look in the WIP community modelling section. Hopefully they will put some bench seats in the back to sit in. Sitting in total/partial darkness then bursting out when it stops in the style of "Point Break" would be good.

[R-COM]Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgent, recoiless, rifle, technical